• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 My GT/CS in California Auto Museum

Ruppstang

Few people know that the door agar light took a special flashing bulb I can't remember the number right now. But the flashing was not only to catch your attention but in case you left your door open for a long period of time the heat from the bulb would not melt the lens.
Yes the Dark brown hard backs are correct. It matched the dash pad and carpet. I am all ways so impressed with Fords attention to detail that on the seat upholstry every piece is saddle except for back panel of the bottem half that you could only see when the seat was tiped forward, that one is dark brown. That is one little thing I look for when judging unrestored cars and thoroughbred cars that is often missed.
Those seat backs may have taken a lot of abuse in the day but now they are as brittle as egg shells I never let the grand kids sit in the back!

robert campbell

always intersting to see an air car with a convenience group package. Making the lights shift to the console. My guess is if you wanted air and a convenience group option then you obviously got the lower console. They would be tied togther and must have been noted to the Ford salesman when you ordered it that you had to add it also?

Hey Mike!!!! Thanks for letting me hijack your thread! By the way, I love the pics of your car in Montery in the Concurs D'Elegance show!!!

Ruppstang

You are right Rob. Here is a 67 Ford sales aid. It sat on the sales mans desk you saw the front and he read off what was on the back.
Sorry Mike, but I know you like this stuff too.

Attachments

• Ford sales Information 001_crop.jpg
    Ford sales Information 001_crop.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 22
  • Ford sales information 002.jpg
    Ford sales information 002.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 25

robert campbell

Amazing! The real proof in print on the option!

I found a 1967 390, 4 speed, GT Fastback for my Brother-in-law. It has the competition handling suspension. A one of one Marti car due to this suspension package. You would think it would have ended up on a bunch more Mustangs, but I guess rarely ordered?

Ruppstang

Here are two 67s that I have judged. The first is a 67 S code four speed with competition handling option. A S code with no power steering I bet it is a joy to park.
The second is a 67 fastback K code four speed with the competition handling opetion.
Both are beautifully restored. Note the 15 inch wheels and special hub caps.
I am so fortunate to get to see rare cars like these. Marty

Attachments

• Des Moines IA. MCA National show 006.JPG
    Des Moines IA. MCA National show 006.JPG
    142.6 KB · Views: 23
  • Mason City 2008 (1)_crop.jpg
    Mason City 2008 (1)_crop.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 25