• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. My dissapointment

Status
Not open for further replies.

joedls

Rob moving the Mustangs around today!!

DSCN6258.jpg

Hey, the foglights on that fastback look familiar.

sig2.jpg

John McGilvary

JBART, I think John was referring to me in this case. That's totally cool with me. Being childish also includes lead-footed enthusiasm (that comes with owning '60's cars at our ripe old age;-) in a media where it's hard to gauge expressions in posts...

Again: All is well :)

Sorry Tim, I was not refering to you, but I agree with the lead-footed
enthusiasm.

Mustanglvr

Been out all day at my son's hockey and baseball practices. Glad I gave the forum something to talk about today. I have not met many members of this forum personally, but to those who know me, I am not an antagonistic person.

I check the SAAC forum ever once in a while. Heck they have a GT/CS section and I have a HCS. Never know what interesting information you will find out about your car. I have a C2 Corvette and check out the Corvette forum often. Talk about a forum with conflict!

Paul posted his comments 2 days ago. I did not see any response and felt that it was important to stick up for a quality book that as I said in my post, shows our cars in a very positive light. I was shocked and disapointed in his comments. His first sentence make no sense at all. Why wouldn't the registry want this published? I see absolutely no conflict with the book that Paul is writing. These are public forums and I felt it was necessary to comment on what I felt were inappropriate statements.

While my post may look like a personal attack, I would have made my same comments to anyone else that would have posted a similar message.

As has been mentioned, The moderator's comments and approach to the thread were strange. I plan to PM him and discuss both his and my approach to forum participation.

Regards
David

So.. what did you find out David? Did you PM the moderator? What did you say in your post to Paul anyway?

PFSlim

This post is really something. In my time here on this forum, I don't think I have seen anything like it.

Jbart - I have not had the pleasure of meeting you, but in my years of attending this forum, I have always assumed the members of this site are good and want to help the other members. When reading this post (and I understand you are unhappy with the treatment of PMS), I see someone who is very bitter and confrontational. I seems like you have attacked very person who has pinged onto this thread (and I know you feel you have been attacked).

I do believe that a few on this site (myself included) are upset with (Paul) the book deal. I do believe that a very few on this site have made what you would consider "attacking" comments about Paul either on this site or on other sites. I do beleive that each member who has ordered Paul's book and contributed (which I did a great deal) to his project should have the right to deal with their aggravation thier own way. Lastly, I do believe that folks can be a little defensive when anyone (like yourself) mentions that they should be nicer over this particular "hot topic".

Please do not assume everyone is going after you for speaking your mind. Good for you that you felt confident enough to bring it up. But after that.....I believe you should just let it go and you should find that all others will let it go as well.

Jon - it is my vote that this thread be removed. I don't see any value in it.

Paul

di81977

Rhonda,

I am hesitant to reply, don't think it needs to be re-hashed here again. Visit the SAAC site, it will take only a minute, you do not need to sign up as a member to see the thread (no different than someone visiting this site). I think it is worth reading and seeing for your self.

I did not receive a response from the moderator. Disappointed, but not surprised.

david

OP
OP
J

J.Bart

ok how about this: which is what i would have thought would happen if everyone is tired of this thread. then how about everyone agree to not post on this thread anymore.

Mustanglvr

ok how about this: which is what i would have thought would happen if everyone is tired of this thread. then how about everyone agree to not post on this thread anymore.

ok :wink: :lipsseal:

capt dave

Better to keep your mouth shut and allow people to think you are a s s than to open it and remove all doubt.

as shown in pages 1-6

hookedtrout

Better to keep your mouth shut and allow people to think you are a s s than to open it and remove all doubt.

as shown in pages 1-6

Heeding your own advice would have kept this topic where it belongs at the bottom of the page!!!!!!!!!!!! Guess that answers that.

Status
Not open for further replies.