• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Mustang pic of Knotts Show circa 1988

Jayscal

While checking some old pics, I found a picture of my buddy John hamming it up with his 68 fastback. This was after the Knotts Berry farm show was over in 1988. Behind his car is mine, then if you look behind that, there is Pauls car. Yes... thats where the crowd is, can't remember if this is when I got my book, or if it was the following year. I still remember leaving the show and cruising up Beach Blvd next to Paul in his CS. It was kind of like looking in a mirror. How often do you see a GT/CS cruising on the road, yet two of them in the same color cruising next to each other. Back then there were only 3 maybe 4 GT/CS cars in the show and there was always that yellow convertible GT/CS :rolleyes: , (Paul remembers). I hope the crew here unites for a good showing this year. Wish I could come to the Special party.

On a side note, today marks 23 years of ownership of my GT/CS. Bought with 140,000 miles on the clock in 1984 for $3400.00, she now reads 268,739. What a long strange trip its been. :cool:

Attachments

• 68 Fastback a.jpg
    68 Fastback a.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 129

Mustanglvr

I'm posting on this thread in memory of Jay, who passed away 3 years ago this month. He loved his car and had such a passion for the GT/CS Mustang. R.I.P. :cry:

CougarCJ

I did not know him, wish that I did.

He must have passed soon after posting the picture?