• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

MSNBC story about classic cars

rvrtrash

I saw that article also. Between having cars most people can't work on and the government wanting to scrap everything that doesn't meet their politically correct standard, it makes you wonder what will be left in 20 years.

Steve

franklinair

To me, the story alluded to the fact that Detroit is just not designing/producing any models that are percieved as future classics. They are hum-drum, plain vanilla 'transportation units' without any pizazz or appeal.
I see this as a plus for our older & truly classic cars. I believe it will make them more valuable as time goes on, and the car manufacturers don't produce models with any personality & appeal. I'll just hold on to my '68 C/S and '57 T-Bird.:cool:

Neil

JohnnyQuest515

If anyone saw that primetime show about how GM could go bust they alluded to the fact they really haven't built anything since the late 60's that mattered. 80's cars were thrown together, 70's where caught in the middle of the gas crunch.

Of course they drove a bright red C1 Corvette to drive home their point.

Randy