• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Missing VIN's????

ahainline

Just curious about the process in other states.
I've seen a number of threads over the last few months where people are talking about getting their cars "inspected" by DMV and other state officials.

Does the DMV in other states actually look at ("inspect") the actual car?

I had my car "inspected" at a dealership in Ohio and it was the easiest thing ever. I pulled in, he asked for the title, verified the mileage, looked at the door tag, and then sent me on my way. He told me to go pay the lady for the inspection ($3) so I walked to the window and asked her if she took check or credit card. She said "Nope, cash only." I informed her that I dont carry cash. So she stamped my paper and told me "Happy Halloween, have a good weekend!" Didn't even charge me. The didnt really inspect the car at all. The whole thing took 5 minutes at most. :grin: