• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Mint 1982 GT...Opinions on price

Canuck CSter

Hey crew,

I was wondering ( slow day at restaurant..cuz holidays ) what's the opinion of the masses as to the value of this car.

Its here in Ottawa and I was thinking of takeing alook at it...Personally I'd prefer a 84 with T-Tops, but this one looks good and mileage is very low. ( 30 something K)

http://www.trader.ca/Search/Details...&subcategory=&CAT=1&ADID=6091146&ADS=6091146|

Hope ya'll have a good holiday weekend, my cottage is calling but I'll have to wait it mid week sometime.

Dale in Ottawa

Last edited:

19HCS68

I had one of these back in '85. It was maroon with 4 speed, 302-2V. It would eat up the 6.6 liter chevys (Cameros, Trans Am) in a 1/4 mile every time!:icon_ecst This looks like a real nice car. But price is kinda steep in my opinion. It is a low mile car though. All in all, I found these '82 GT cars to be fun to drive. Hope that helps.

Gary

CougarCJ

I didn't check NADA. Might be inline with what the market says for a low mileage 82 GT.

My gut tells me that the 1st year Fox body GT's will be collectible.

On the other hand, as a driver the mid year '83 GT's came with 5 speeds, '84 had the anniversary editions GT-350's (3dr and convertible), '86 I think was the first year for fuel injection. '87's were rated at 225hp. As time went by, they got faster and better looking. :grin:

There were also the SVO turbos, regular turbos, Saleens, McLaren editions, SVT Cobra's, all should be considered collectible at some point in time.

Are you looking at this car as an investment, or a fun to drive up and coming collectible?