• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

might be a inexpensive entry fee.........

rvrtrash

That should be the color of the original side stripes.

Steve

p51

Good price. But the fact that there are no hood locks and the fog lamps are incorrect is a bit worrisome. Conflicts w/the fact that it has a Marti. Wreck? Or...?

rvrtrash

This is the one I found on Craigslist in Portland a while ago.

http://www.californiaspecial.com/forums/t3692-p2-want-to-buy-cs.html

In the pictures he had posted there, he had a few other cars in various states of repair sitting around, so I would guess he buys projects, kind of fixes them and resells them. That's not a bad thing but I would want to look at the car before I dropped cash on it to see how it really looks.

Steve

Mustanglvr

rvrtrash said:
That should be the color of the original side stripes.

Steve

The Marti report does`nt usually mention the paint stripes. Why this time?

rvrtrash

Well I can't speak about all the other Marti's but mine lists "Red Paint Stripe" as the very first option, just as this guy has "Black Paint Stripe" as his first option. Maybe Kevin changed the way he did the reports at some time, so that before or after a certain date it was listed. I don't know, just speculating.

Steve

Mustanglvr

Does yours also say vinyl top? Maybe they only mention it when that is also an option. Or when the stripe color is other than white.

Hey Steve, I notice yours was built the same day as mine, May 15th.

rvrtrash

Nope, no vinyl top. We talked about the birthdays before. Pretty cool, huh!:wink:

Steve