• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Lucas Lights Factory Washer?

P

PNewitt

I have a theory that only the cars built at the San Jose factory got those little black plastic washers placed at the base of the pedestal tube (where it meets the molding), and that the retrofit Lucas lights, at the dealer did not use them (or have them to use).

What do you think? Does your car have them? I've seen this, and have been told about this from original (or sometimes second) owners that have them.

Thanks for your input,

Paul N.

mmarsalone

Paul,

I can't say if mine ever had the washers, but it doesn't have them now. My car was built on March 5th, so I'm pretty sure my car was dealer retrofitted.

Mike

hcsstang

I Think that my HCS had them on. If I remember correctly I was going to make a pair but Bob sent me a pair. But I'm not 100 per cent sure.

rvrtrash

Mine has them. It was built in May and was off the road from 1979 or '80 until this last spring.
Steve

brokg1

I just bought a pair of Lucas lamps. No washers were included. That is one of the things I checked for. Of course they were pulled off a car. So if they had washers they would be gone.

Where can you buy the dark gray metallic paint, or a replacement, to paint the pedestal???

admin

Staff member
Administrator
My HCS has them for what it's worth.

hicountrybob

Some of the HCS cars that I've had over the years(11 or 12 of them) have had "parts" of the washers still intact but none have been plastic. They've been RUBBER and I still have some of the pieces of them that are pretty ragged. I don't know anything about PLASTIC ones. PAUL N. on this one. hicountry Bob here.

Mustanglvr

My Lucas foglight pedestals have a white (plastic?) trim piece around the bottom. Would the black rubber washers be visible without detaching the pedestal? I have never taken them off. I know the grill is not original and it has the Lucas driving lenses (meaning there has been work done on the car) so I assume the white (plastic?)trim on the bottoms are not supposed to be there either? Anybody got a pic of the correct washers?

68Fan

Mine have them too. I do need to replace then when I put the lights back on. Anyone have an extra set they are willing to part with?

390cs68rcode

Bob Teets sells a kit that includes:

pedestals
bolts/nuts
square washers/plates
"star" washers
rubber washers for under the pedestals

all items are correct reproductions.

he charges $60-61 delivered for the kit.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

I've never seen a white plastic washer (nylon?). I was going to suggest that it might have been a faded black washer, and/or from old wax that got into the rubber material.

Paul N.

admin

Staff member
Administrator
2017 update - Bob Teets has retired. Willis Scharmer is handling the fog pedestals. Email him at hcsmustangs@aol.com

Last edited: