• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Lucas fog lights...ebay

Edward Bodoh

Looking for a deal on a set. This set caught my eye. On e bay. The broken-shorter bolt concerns me. Almost doesn't look broke, just shorter. I took a good at mine although I've never disassembled them yet. They look identical...including the square mount as I don't have the round posts. Except mine say England and these say made in England. Any difference? Thinking the shorter bolt won't give enough thread. Maybe some one can share their knowledge....appreciate it. Thanks....here is link.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nice-LUCAS-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item43b5ca7e01&vxp=mtr

Smokes that is a huge link hope it works....Ed.

OP
OP
E

Edward Bodoh

Read listing closer. The threads are stripped. Knew the mount assembly looked slightly different. I'm kinda back peddling now.

Ruppstang

Ed I have a new set of lucas lights that I bought for our HCS and did not use them. As you can see in the pictures they do not say England on the glass. I paid $400 for them and would like to get close to that. The same seller is now asking $500. The pictures show one new one and one original. Marty

Attachments

• HCS fog light restoration 003_crop.jpg
    HCS fog light restoration 003_crop.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 37
  • HCS fog light restoration 004_crop.jpg
    HCS fog light restoration 004_crop.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 35
  • HCS fog light restoration 005_crop.jpg
    HCS fog light restoration 005_crop.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 32

Mosesatm

Read listing closer. The threads are stripped. Knew the mount assembly looked slightly different. I'm kinda back peddling now.

I think it's the threads for one of the little lens screws that's stripped, not the large mounting screw.

OP
OP
E

Edward Bodoh

Rupp I will send u a message in regards.
Moses yea I misinterpreted the info Mabye. Front bezel duh....
Thank u both....appreciate it.