• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

2007+ Lower grille and brake ducts.

GTCS07

Why Ford didn't add one I don't know, but it won't take much to suck up a small bird or Chevy and puncture the cooler behind. Shelby sells one that matches their upper but I wanted to match the honeycomb look of the rest of the car so I looked around and found this steel grille material at Home Depot. I formed it to size and painted it black with bedliner paint to help prevent chipping. While I was at it I made functional brake cooling ducts using billet cup holder bezels from a Mach 1 I used to have. I'm adding the ductwork after I finish lowering the front of the car.

Attachments

• MVC-001F.JPG
    MVC-001F.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 68
OP
OP
G

GTCS07

Silverhorse makes good stuff. I have their upper grille and rear panel now. I know they just came out with a lower for reg. GTs.

rvrtrash

Looks good! Sucking up small birds (or chevys) can be messy. I pulled one (a bird) into one of my ram air valves on the '72 Mach I used to have and only half of it made it to the air cleaner. :tongue:

Steve

Dougxox

I have been working with Marcello with Silverhorse on the development of the lower grill of the CS since I got mine in 06. Came up with a prototype of my own untill a machinist bailed on me. Silverhorse's lower grill will match the upper one and eliminate those peaky birds, cup and chevys.
Here is a shot of what I came up with.

Attachments

• welts 015.jpg
    welts 015.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 54
  • welts 022.jpg
    welts 022.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 52
P

PNewitt

That's really well done!! Nice!

I've been wondering how one would add the small grille parts and the round fog/driving lights from the Hertz Shelby, to a GT/CS? Is there a wiring harness down there to plug them in?

How would you do that?? And we need part numbers!!

Thanks!!
Paul.

QuarterHorse

I have been working with Marcello with Silverhorse on the development of the lower grill of the CS since I got mine in 06. Came up with a prototype of my own untill a machinist bailed on me. Silverhorse's lower grill will match the upper one and eliminate those peaky birds, cup and chevys.
Here is a shot of what I came up with.

I'm confused... are both photos of your prototype. Which one is the Silverhorse prototype?

Thanks,

Skip

OP
OP
G

GTCS07

If you wanted to add the Shelby parts Paul it's all available and in the Shelby parts book. The round Piaa lights use an adapter from the factory harness as the original fogs aren't used on the Shelby.

Dougxox

That's really well done!! Nice!

I've been wondering how one would add the small grille parts and the round fog/driving lights from the Hertz Shelby, to a GT/CS? Is there a wiring harness down there to plug them in?

How would you do that?? And we need part numbers!!

Thanks!!
Paul.

The lower fog lights are PIAA's, they run about $200 complete with the wiring harness. Just drilled a 2.5" hole on each side, centered. mounted the lights to an alum plate and attached it to a bumper stud. You will need to go to the body shop of a dealer to get the nuts to fit the stud.

Dougxox

I'm confused... are both photos of your prototype. Which one is the Silverhorse prototype?

Thanks,

Skip

those are both my prototypes, Marcello is still working on his. should be available sometime this summer. Silverhorse just moved to a new larger facility with more equipment, thus a delay in the lower grill work.
As soon as I hear something I will do a post here for all.

Mayberry40

Isn't there a company out there that has already made a front lower grill for the GT/CS ? This has been a problem with the GT/CS since 05. Ford designers must have slept through this part of the designing of the GT/CS....its such any obvious problem.
Silverhorse has been working on a lower grill for some time now.
Does anybody know of a place I can purchase a grill? I'm not into making my own.

dcutting

Shelby Brake Ducts

I tried to purchase the Shelby GT-H style ducts, and they have been on "back order" for over 10 months. Now I see they no longer appear in Shelby's catalog, so it is unlikely they will ever be available.
Agent 47 makes a nice set of inlets with a matching duct. The inlets go for $149.00, and the ducts are around $200. Stillen sells them, but beware of the "free shipping" deal. They tack on $10.00 in so called handling fees, so the cost is the same.

Merry Christmas,

David