• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Looks like we missed one in Florida

Mosesatm

Rhonda, what do you see that makes you think they've been rebuilt?

mmarsalone

In 2001 I looked at a 68' GT350 vert for $35,000 asking price at this place. I returned to New Orleans and talked to my wife, she said lets wait a year or two. Well we all know what happened to the price of Shelbys.

Anyway, this place had a lot of nice rare cars. It's the only time I've seen a BMW 507 (1958) in person. That's one very sweet looking car.

Mustanglvr

Maybe not rebuilt, but patched up. Just does`nt look right to me izall.

68gt390

There's that big word again "Original". Car has after market console, and webbing inside the side scoop looks wrong to me along with a few other items in the interior. At least it's documented according to them.

Don

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

68gt390 said:
There's that big word again "Original". Car has after market console, and webbing inside the side scoop looks wrong to me along with a few other items in the interior. At least it's documented according to them.

Don

I noticed the webbing as well - it seems to have been replaced with something different than the original pattern.

Can't beat them up too much on the console. It's a Humphugger. I have one ... it has velcro on the bottom that holds to the rug - it just pops out for shows and all.

Curious to know what it ended up selling for. I shot them off an email

68gt390

Rich;
I hear ya. If you've looked at my interior you will notice I have a Humphugger Cruiser console in my car. A little bit bigger than the one they have but, I love it. Has much more function to it than a stock console. The strange thing about it is most folks think it came stock in the car. They are supprised when I tell them I added it.

Don :grin:

Mosesatm

I'm debating whether to restore my console or buy a hump hugger. I'm not going to show the car so am I hearing that the hump hugger is probably the way to go?

joedls

I have the Hump Hugger in my GT/CS and the Saddle Cruiser in my convertible. I like either one better than the stock console, but prefer the bigger cup holders in the Saddle Cruiser.

390cs68rcode

I have one of those huge humphuggers in my 66. We bolted that thing down so good I would say when the car is crushed in 40 years the console with make it through the crusher without coming off the floorboard. makes a great console and a great place for the custom Nitrous switches. :grin: