• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

2007+ looking for wheels/rims????

J.Bart

Does anyone know of any 18" wheels/rims,(other than 2008 gt500 wheels/rims) , that will fit with the gt500 brembo brakes????????

i am looking for options, preferably something that looks like the cs wheels/rims.

Last edited:

frank s

This old but unanswered post is kind of sad, don't y'all think?

JBART, you must know the CS wheels will fit with the H&R one-inch (25mm) spacers, if you trim 5mm off the ends of the wheel studs. The SVT "Fanblades" fit (with spacers) without trimming, since they have the required pockets that accept the stud tips.

Last four photos in this Flickr set:
GT/CS Changes

OP
OP
J

J.Bart

thanks,
but i don't see the breaks on it, and i in spacers i think would make a wider stance than what is shown. i would like to see some better pictures.
i have the fan blade wheels, i was told they would fit without spacers, aaaand they don't.

i am looking at 2010 shelby gt500 conv. wheels at the moment.
still no excited about how they look, i want my old rims and spinners!!!!
what about different brakes upgrades that will work with the original rims

frank s

The GT500 front brakes are on it - picture is about 21 or 22 ahead of the first of the four. The spacers are on it in the four photos: that was the point of the pictures. I, too was surprised at how much potential extension remained after the spacers were on with the Fanblades, but there you are!

I don't remember making a photo of the front wheel with brakes and spacers, but there is one of the rear. I'll try to find it and put it up (my principal computer quit its job a few weeks ago and I'm restoring backups to the new one when a need arises). (EDIT: Found and added to the linked set)

I don't know about other brake upgrades that work with original rims. There are a ton of Mustang forums out there; seems to me I remember reading about some such upgrades, but since I got the GT500 wheels and tires I haven't paid that much attention.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

J.Bart

what did the spacers cost you, and did you try fitting the original gt/cs rims?

frank s

I got them on sale at Moss Muscle, about 15% off, as I recall. I tried the original "Bullitt- style wheels, and they did ride on the ends of the original studs. If I hadn't already bought the Fanblades, I'd have done the 5mm trim required to make the stock wheels useful.