• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Looking at this CS - comments please

sam

Seems odd there are no pics of the engine................perhaps the engine and bay have not been detailed. Although claims to have a Marti report, be sure to obtain the VIN number for your research.
Any mention of miles on the odometer?
Sam

OP
OP
L

lunker

I have a copy of the Marti report. Color is correct, interior correct (except console has been added), non-gt car (has gt wheel center caps), white stripes on hood not orginal (parchment vinyl top and white CS stripes correct), Marchal housings are correct (but incorrect lenses) and of course the "black trimmed" tail lights. If you look at all photos ("view all 7 photos" tab), there is a picture of the engine bay.

Last edited:

Perkchiro

It's a great idea to have a professional inspection. They should give you a report on the mechanicals of the car as well as the presence of that nasty metal cancer. Be sure to ask if they examined the floor pans, rear quarters and frame rails and trunk metal for rust. Battery corrosion is common in the engine compartment. I also think it's strange that they didn't include a pic underhood. If all that checks out to your satisfaction, you've found a great looking CS. Hope it all works out well for you.

p51

Has the engine had a rebuild? If so, how many miles on the rebuild? Any rust - it has CA tags but is being sold in IA??

Mustanglvr

Find out that when they say "original engine" that they mean "numbers matching". There seems to be confusion over these terms.

OP
OP
L

lunker

The car has under 80K miles (odometer reading). The plates (and plate frame) are the original black plates I believe from 1968 and the plate frame is from the original San Diego dealer. The engine/transmission have not been rebuilt to my knowledge. The car, originally gulf stream aqua, had been repainted meadowlark yellow with a black vynil roof. Two years ago it was taken down to bare metal (roof skin was replaced as it had rusted under the vinyl) and redone to correct colors. I was told that there was no other rust (floorpans, cowl, etc.)

Last edited:

Redwingrobb

I talked to this guy about four or five months ago. At that time he was pretty firm on his price. We talked at length about the car and he went into a lot of detail. I was semi-serious about it and mulled it over before deciding to keep my 289 CS--I want a 302, but now will only settle for a Brittany Blue one if it comes up. He told me exactly what he told you. If I had to give my "gut" feeling about him based off of talking with him, I think he's telling you all he knows about it. I would still have someone take a look at it and if it's what he says, it would be worth 18k to me...Robb

John McGilvary

Nice looking CS, but where is the radiator bracket? If it was me I would look in the trunk to see if it is CS correct. Not a bad price for a CS.

Mosesatm

Redwingrobb said:
I talked to this guy about four or five months ago. At that time he was pretty firm on his price. We talked at length about the car and he went into a lot of detail. I was semi-serious about it and mulled it over before deciding to keep my 289 CS--I want a 302, but now will only settle for a Brittany Blue one if it comes up. He told me exactly what he told you. If I had to give my "gut" feeling about him based off of talking with him, I think he's telling you all he knows about it. I would still have someone take a look at it and if it's what he says, it would be worth 18k to me...Robb

Robb, this car was for sale in Seattle about a year ago. I posted it on this web-site. Look for something like "GT/CS for sale in Seattle". It is Brittany Blue but I don't remember if it's a J-code.

Last edited: