• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Long time listener, first time caller

OP
OP
D

Dave's Classic

Hey everybody, I would appreciate any constructive critisism as you are the best informed group. There are some flaws and the lucas lights are beleived to be from a 69 Shelby. The console and wheels were added. Thanks, Dave.

Mustanglvr

So Dave, are you still selling your GT/CS? I`m asking because I was hoping we could have somehow persuaded you to keep it.

Mosesatm

Dave, from what I can tell from the pictures your fog lights are actually driving lights. The only difference is that a driving light has a clear lens and a fog light has an obscured lens. The housings are the same between a '69 Shelby and a GT/CS so all you need to do is change the lenses if you want to go back to stock.

Are the lights attached to posts or are the attached to the bracket sticking out of the grille? They should be on vertical posts.

OP
OP
D

Dave's Classic

Rhonda, although I have to let go of this C/S I have located a basket case to replace it. So looking at it from the positive side another C/S will come back from the dead. Not only that but I beleive it was blue to begin with, so Arlie can save on therapy!
Arlie, I used the C/S guide by Newitt to get the resto right. I forgot the hood snubbers moved, the book said the locks "replaced" them. But I remembered seeing them in a picture on the front fender bolt hole. The lights are supposed to be from a 69 Shelby and the backs are black plastic not metal. I would like to do a better job on the next one. I met the gent who owns the C/S form the magazine article with over 400,000 miles on it. He was a great help being an original owner and just a nice guy. I've found a number of cars around the area and another original owner.
Thank you all for your help and support it's much appreciated.
Dave.