• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Little Red Tribute on eBay

P

PNewitt

Thanks, Rich for finding this....

I'm reading about this car, and I keep seeing "POR-15", or whatever...and lots of sheet metal replaced....it makes one wonder just what this car was like before all the metal work.

This isn't a Little Red replica car. It's just a coupe with Shelby parts on it. I can see it being a labor of love, certainly...and it's been someone's project car for a long, long time...

It would make a nice car for shows, etc...and to experiment with some exotic engine.

Worth a look. I wish the best outcome for the owner.

Paul N.

franklinair

The POR-15 mentioned is an excellent rust treatment & preventative paint (available from Eastwood, where I got mine). It's a little pricey, but WELL worth it.
From the VIN, it's a 6cyl conversion 'T' code. Looks like he put a LOT of work & $$$ into it. I too hope he does well with his auction, but past experience has shown me that when you do such an extreme mod (the Shelby & C/S components aren't cheap) you seldom recoup the investment. The cowl repair he mentioned is no small feat in itself.

Neil

johnsgottwo

what it is or isn't

Ya know, to me this car is cool until the seller decides to call it a little red tribute. Just like a really nice white 65 fastback with blue stripes and a 289 isn't a Shelby GT350 replica, this car isn't a Little Red tribute. I do hope he sold it though - I always like to see the sales be successful. In the end it should be a neat ride for the right buyer.