• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

License Plate Frames Poll

CalPaul

The word "One" is easier to read than the number "1" from the distance that people would see the plate. At a glance, the "1" might be thought of as an "I". "One" also has a classy style to it--I think.

I'm with Paul on this. Very often you just get a fleeting look at a LP frame as you drive along and the easier it is to read/understand the better.

P

PNewitt

I don't mean to sound "all nitpicky", but I tend to want the FORD logo left off. Not so much for raising the ire of the Ford legal folks, but the GT/CS already lacks the horse and bars (I know, 'cept the gas cap), and there is no FORD anywhere on the body.

I'd just like it clean, and simple, and impressive. I vote for no FORD logo on it (but it was a good idea to include it, Casey)

I would also like "engine blue" background and white (or Calif. Gold) lettering.

(Good thing we're NOT making a Christmas list. We'd never get it done!)

Paul N. 8)

Mustanglvr

[quote author=PNewitt link=board=1;threadid=2268;start=15#msg15664 date=1129703636]
I don't mean to sound "all nitpicky", but I tend to want the FORD logo left off. Not so much for raising the ire of the Ford legal folks, but the GT/CS already lacks the horse and bars (I know, 'cept the gas cap), and there is no FORD anywhere on the body.

I'd just like it clean, and simple, and impressive. I vote for no FORD logo on it (but it was a good idea to include it, Casey)

I would also like "engine blue" background and white (or Calif. Gold) lettering.

Paul N. 8)
[/quote]

I have mentioned this before with no reply. Why is there no Ford logo on the cars? Was there a special reason for this? I would prefer no Ford logo on the plate frames also. Can we get them in colors to match our cars?

OP
OP
case12

case12

[quote author=6t8-390gt link=board=1;threadid=2268;start=15#msg15650 date=1129688557]
By placing the Ford oval on the frame does it now have to be licensed through Ford? I know it's small numbers, but I would hate for someone to get stuck by Ford.

Thanks Paul for the idea and Casey for taking the initiative.

[/quote]

I am having a company make them. They are licensed to use the FORD logo. Casey

OP
OP
case12

case12

[quote author=PNewitt link=board=1;threadid=2268;start=15#msg15664 date=1129703636]

Paul N. 8)
[/quote]

The background color is blue, not black as it may appear on your screen. So that is covered. As mentioned before, I have to order a minimum of 100 each, so different background colors are not feasible.

I can obviously drop the FORD logo I sorta like the vintage FORD logo, as it appears typically on these type of frames (see pic), and the CS/HCS is a FORD. Why the desire to not have the FORD logo? Casey

Attachments

• frame.jpg
    frame.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 23

19HCS68

Casey,

Was just thinking (kinda dangerous), if you must order at least 100 of each kind of plate frame, you might end up holding on to quite a few HCS frames. I don’t know how many HCS’s are still out there, and out of those, how many come to this site. I really like the frames and appreciate the effort you’ve put into this. But, for myself, I won’t get any frames for my car because of the color. I realize you can’t please ‘em all for obvious reasons. Like I said before, I’m just thinking out loud and would hate to see you ending up with a whole bunch of frames in your possession that you don’t need. I hope these comments don’t effect the production of these frames so other HCS owners can get theirs. That's all I got to say 'bout that. :-X

Gary

coloradoHCS

Gary, I agree. I thought of that also. there are only 4 votes for the HCs and while I would buy one or two Casey has to buy 100 frames. Is there a way to combine both frames into one?? Just a thought.
Mark.

P

PNewitt

Sorry, Casey.....I hope you're not discouraged from all the input (10 people, 13 opinions, right?) LOL

I said to not have a Ford logo, because the GT/CS is supposed to emulate a Shelby. Would one put a Ford logo on a Shelby?

I can see cars like '48 Fords, or Model As, or even 50's cars (as well as stock Mustangs) using the Ford (oval) logo, but for "our" car, I think it would be out of character to include the logo. Making this car was a California Ford Dealers idea, not originating from Dearborn. In fact, the suits in Dearborn didn't like the idea of a regional car, especially in California; and in fact didn't like the side script, and only let them (ACSCO) make prototype sets in two weeks for the proto cars at the unveiling in L.A.

It's not that I "don't like Ford", but in a historical sense, they weren't exactly supportive of the idea.

I know it's a lof ot hassle--but it would be cool to put the "FDAF" (Ford Dealers Advertising Fund" -- which financed the GT/CS project, and advertising and promotion) oval logo on instead. I can provide the art if you'd like. It would be much more appropiate, and it would promote a lot of conversation. if it weren;t for FDAF, there would be no GT/CS, or HCS.

Paul N.

Mosesatm

And you all thought I was joking about the committee in the bar!

OP
OP
case12

case12

Paul, No problem on the FORD logo. I get the point now when you used the Shelby parallel. I have asked them to remove the FORD logo.

Mark, Gary, I will have to think about the HCS comments. Right now I have a quote on a GT/CS frame and a HCS frame. We are all one family, so I hate to not have both. Casey

P

PNewitt

Thanks, Casey...

I think if there was a choice, we'd lean more to Shelby than Ford with the CS' heritage.

Forget the FDAF thing. I'll give those guys their shining moment in the book.

As for you HCS guys, certainly you are "family".

Paul N.

mmarsalone

I have mentioned this before with no reply. Why is there no Ford logo on the cars? Was there a special reason for this? I would prefer no Ford logo on the plate frames also. Can we get them in colors to match our cars?

In 1968 Ford took the F-O-R-D off the front of the hood because by then they felt that everyone knew that the Mustang was a Ford product. No Mustangs in 68' had FORD on them.

Mike

1966hcs

If you had the #3 frame made without the year, it would cover all the HCS´s and you would sell more frames.

Regards,
Stefan

hookedtrout

[quote author=monkey_golf link=board=1;threadid=2268;start=30#msg15721 date=1129762814]

Can we get them in colors to match our cars?

[/quote]

If the cost is more to get matching colors I would think it would be very easy to paint them to match what ever you wanted. Just spray it and wipe off the chrome.

Cory

P

PNewitt

Stefan has a great idea.

If it makes it more cost-effective to make frames, then, yes, the #3 choice (less the year) is the way to go for '66 and '67 HCS owners as well.

How's Bob's thought on this?

Paul N.

hicountrybob

yes, how about this, for #3??? top= THE WEST MADE IT HAPPEN and the bottom= HIGH COUNTRY SPECIAL. I know that we lose the " one of" bla bla bla, but this wording could and would include the early HCS owners and certainly make for good fellowship among ALL of the HCS owners plus more frame sales, PLUS a good way to draw interest to our cars at the shows, cruise nights, etc. How about it? Is this too late to be considered? hi country Bob here.

Mustanglvr

Hey Casey, Don`t get mad at me for suggesting this but, could`nt you have the GT/CS frames say "1968 Mustang" on the top and "California Special" on the bottom? I know its a little late but I would like people to know its a California Special rather than a GT/CS which they will confuse with a regular GT anyway. No insults intended. :)

P

PNewitt

Hi Rhonda,

No insults or anything taken....and I don't mean to shoot down your idea, but I like what Casey already has going here.

I think that no matter what is on a GT/CS, folks that are not aware of it are going to ask the same questions. To wonder about if it's a "GT" is the same as asking if a Shelby "GT-500" is a GT; and everyone knows that it's a whole 'nuther name.

The "GT/CS" should be thought of in the same way... it has nothing to do with the "Mustang GT" nomenclature.

But thanks for thinking of that....

Paul N.