• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Joe's build thread

68sunlitgold

Joe,
love the color! Can't wait to see it completed (as I am sure you are too). Where do the highback seats come from?

Doug

OP
OP
joedls

joedls

It's all painted now except the hood. Once the paint dries, the painter will put it back together and buff it. Then I get it back. After I install the engine, I can figure out where to cut the hole in the hood for this:

IMG_20111216_133526.jpg

Then I'll install the scoop and have the hood painted.

OP
OP
joedls

joedls

Should be getting the car back from the painter real soon. In the meantime I want to show off some work I had done by a master craftsman. I had a grill built and it's beautiful. Thanks for the great work, Mike (somethingspecial)!!!

null_zps223827f1.jpg

null_zpsf95a3ba0.jpg

null_zpsd0457e04.jpg

null_zpsd0457e04.jpg

null_zpsa4eabb20.jpg

OP
OP
joedls

joedls

Should be getting the car back from the painter real soon. In the meantime I want to show off some work I had done by a master craftsman. I had a grill built and it's beautiful. Thanks for the great work, Mike (somethingspecial)!!!

null_zps223827f1.jpg

null_zpsf95a3ba0.jpg

null_zpsd0457e04.jpg

null_zpsa4eabb20.jpg

Mustanger

Hey Joe, what's the latest on your rebuild?? ... I'm kinda curious since it seemed you were close to making your comeback :thumb: ... BTW, I finally got my car into the bodyshop also, I hope and pray it comes out nice :smile: ...

Mustanger

Hey Joe,

Any progress on your car? I hope you can get it back on the road again, it was really cool seeing that blower under the hood scoop and the big meat tires sticking out the back :thumb: ...

OP
OP
joedls

joedls

Hate to ask why the hood is not painted?

Not the hood I'm gonna use. I'm going to use a hood without the blinkers. After I install the engine and cut a hole in the hood for the scoop, then I'll have the hood painted. Need a hole to fit the blower.