• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

It's Alive!!!!!

68gt390

Mike;
I had the same problem last summer when we put the 428 in. Developed a leak around the bolts on the water pump. One of the bolts and I can't remember which one actually goes into the water jacket area so I pulled the bolts and put some gasket sealer on them and that solved the problem. Those are some great looking pictures.

Don

I think the bolt that goes into the water jacket is the top left one as your facing the engine.

Last edited:
OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

Good one Tim. I like that.

Don, the water leak is on the passenger side of the engine, so your direction is correct. Thanks for the info. I will seal that bolts this time. It sure is frustrating having leaks after all the detail put into the engine.

Donna, Keep laughing, It's good for the soul!!!!
Mike

P

PNewitt

That Rotor Rooter photoshop image is the funniest thing I've ever seen here! LOL!!!!

We got to make Mike some sort of "golden rotor" trophy award for his hard work on that 390! (and take it for a "spin"?? LOL!)

Too bad about the water pump. What a drag. Once she's done, you'll have so much fun.

I'm real proud of you Mike and Robinette! A job well done. :)

Someday soon, it will be my turn to "do the 390- 4-speed thing".

Paul N.