• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Interior Paint

Tequila

I apologize in advance as it a repost of an similar thread from previously. It geared more towards my painting technique than the color difference.

I have 2 different interior lacquer paint for the interior. One is by Accumatch with the code L-4464. It has a Scott Drake label on it. The other one is from NPD and is made by Seymour with the code AP-4464.

After painting some interior panels, I noticed the Acumatch paint has a considerably more sheen, glossy appearance than the Seymour paint. The Seymour paint is a bit dull(er) than the Accumatch paint. Which one do you think is the correct one for a 68? I like the sheen look, but unfortunately all I have left are the Seymour AP-4464 paint.

Anyone had any experience with both paint? Or my eyes playing trick on me? :)

Attachments

• paint.jpeg
    paint.jpeg
    137 KB · Views: 19

Mosesatm

If you want factory correct the interior paint finish should be semi-flat with very little sheen.

OP
OP
T

Tequila

Awesome!!! Glad I have plenty of AP-4464 cans left.

Typically how many light coats do you recommend for the interior surfaces such as the door panel and dash panels?

Thanks.

dalorzo_f

I found over a base coat of Semigloss black about 4 passes from a good 12"+ away from the panel left a good match to the OEM parts I had, using the NPD paint.

After painting (on a warm day) the surface was a bit rough as the paint went on a bit "dry", but after letting it cure for a day a wipe with a clean dry rag was all that was needed.

Very happy with the results.