• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

In case you were wondering?

nfrntau

In case anyone was wondering if the seats from a 2005 Mustang would fit. Here are a couple prelim photos. I don't have the front seats yet. If anyone has a scoop on the front buckets please let me know.

Attachments

• DSCF3009a.jpg
    DSCF3009a.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 12

Perkchiro

Just don't look natural. The seat backs extend above the rear deck. Won't that look kinda funny when following from behind? The rear view will be blocked too. If I have a vote here (which I don't), I'd switch bact to the originals. :-\

OP
OP
nfrntau

nfrntau

I paid $78 for the seat. I had already planned to use the front buckets and wanted the interior to match. The earlier late model seats are a different size.
Who looks out the rear view? As you can see in the photo, you can see enough out the rear to see what's going on.
I don't think it will look bad from the rear, it will be hard to see the seats after the windows are tinted anyway.

Mosesatm

If you do decide that the seat backs are too high it shouldn't be all that difficult to pull back the leather, cut down the seat, and reattach the leather. That would still be less work than turning your original bare rear seat springs into a correct, but uncomfotable, back seat.

Don't let these naysayers dampen your enthusiasm.

Just wait until they hear about some of your other plans!

Perkchiro

How about just buying the rest of the 05 mustang to go with the new seats and then call it done? ;D