• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

I'm new here

marie68csmustangs

Welcome to this site Stacey. I hope that you will find some good information about the GT/CS here. Don't hesitate to ask questions because there is always one of us that will supply you with the right answer.. :smile:

Marie

Stacey Enderle

Data plate

Perkchiro said:
Welcome to the site Stacey. Yes the data plate should be transferred to your new drivers door. You can also purchase a new data plate from Marti Auto Works along with a Marti report. I did this when I replaced my drivers door. I was very pleased with the replacement plate.

Glad to hear that. I wonder if there are two data plates, one on the driver's door and is there another one under the windsheild?

Stacey

Stacey Enderle

It's great to find you folks!

still looking for one said:
Welcome,to the little family here.
You came to the right place, for advice and help if you are building a casual clone or a real-close -to -the-exact car

Great people here who appreciate this great car!

It's great to find you folks here and it's so nice that I can share the common interest in these wonderful cars!

Stacey

Stacey Enderle

Questions and answers,..

marie68csmustangs said:
Welcome to this site Stacey. I hope that you will find some good information about the GT/CS here. Don't hesitate to ask questions because there is always one of us that will supply you with the right answer.. :smile:

Marie

Believe me, I will have questions from time to time!

Stacey

BroadwayBlue

Stacey Enderle said:
Glad to hear that. I wonder if there are two data plates, one on the driver's door and is there another one under the windsheild?

Stacey

The data plate with engine, color, etc is on the door.

The one under the windshield is the VIN tag and only has the VIN number on it.

02ceta

Hey I'm steve and I'm in the process of building a green hornet so far i have an original cs trunk lid and end caps and an original gt500kr hood and a rust free 68 vinyl top coupe w/ac.most emblem are NOS including gas cap . I still need front valance grille side scoops and a 68 cobra jet and f-350 c-6 trans. But I guess we can build our tribute cars together and maybe share problems a solution.I have tried several sites to try to find orginal parts and info is hard to come by ,at least on the green hornet it has been, paul newiitt dan and corey has had some very useful info. Does anyone know if Sonny Fee still paints ?

P

PNewitt

I don't think that Sonny Fee is still around....although he could be in his 80's. That was almost 40 years ago, and I really doubt he'd be painting anything right now.

You could do a Google search for him. He was a custom painter in the L.A. area.

Remember--that GH color is a dark green metallic with GOLD metal flake, not silver. It has to be custom mixed.

Why are you using a F-350 C-6? Just curious.

I'll include info on the GH in the new book (as well as Little Red).

Paul.

02ceta

Hi Paul, I had found out in a publication that the transmission that was used for the GH was out of a 68 f-350 that being mated with a lincoln torgue converter and a steel tail section. things are progressing alittle slower than i thought they would but i'm searching for original parts.I'm looking to make this car so close to the original that you will be able to put the two cars side by side and not even the owner of the real one will be able to tell the difference. I figured sonny was probably past but thought maybe his shop was still operating. Those darn side scoops are driving me crazy can't find them anywhere. would you know of any sites that could point me in the right direction the schematic for tail light area of a cal special. But this is gonna be a fun project and a great car when finished. Take it easy paul