• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

I need some answers

hotrodgrany

Today , while I was in a store, someone diside to hit my 04 Mustang GT convert. It was sitting in front of our local parts store, when a lady desided to back up into the front of it. The manager of the parts store saw it first hand. He said she backed up not even looking to see how close was and hit the front end. They said she knew she hit my car, but just took off . Never even checked to see if there was any damage or leave me a note with her insurance info on it. According to the manager, she hit it as he could hear that from inside the store, and pushed it about a foot. The manager came to the store where I was looking for me and told me that someone hit my car.and had their licence plates number. I trust him not to lie about any of this, as there was another witness to this and he was in the parts store when this happened. There was no damage, but a slight dent in my licence plate frame. My most concern is my car's granny and this is one reason I came here. The officer was so rude on the phone and realy didn't even want to come and check anything out, but of cource, you need to know the Ida County police here. They sometimes don't follow up on variouse things. It is who you are that counts and that seems to determen what gets done. He never even gave her a ticket, says the damage was no more that $25 as he saw it. But always thought , leaving the scene of an accident was means for a ticket. All I can say, he thought I was totaly stupid and knew nothing about cars. I did talked to the local dearership, asking about, it there was a consern about if I needed to worry about the granny, but said not realy. Ok can any one here help on this. to put my mind at some what ease. Oh just one reminder it is a stick shift.HRG

P

PNewitt

Well, first of all, I'm so sorry to hear about this. Whether there was any real physical damage or not, it was your baby that was hit, and that's damage enough. Obviously, whomever hit you had no class to leave note or even look for you.

My question to the experts here on the late models is: if there was any damage to the inside of the bumper area. There is plastic and foam in there, that could have been mashed or broken inside. It's a good thing that your air bags didn't go off (to the tune of a @ $3500 replacement).

Being pushed a whole foot is a LOT of force. Yes, I'd have the shifter linkage looked at as well as the U-joints, and parking brake if it was on. Cars today are tough, but get a look at it by the Ford Dealer (via your insurance co.?), then you'll have a better piece of mind.

Too bad there isn't someone you can complain to about the local cops. That stinks, too.

My sympathies to you--and for how this must have ruined your day. Hang in there...

Paul.

franklinair

Past experiences:
1.) If the accident occurred on private property (as a parking lot), police don't write tickets.
2.) Definitely have the structure inspected behind the bumper for hidden damage.

Sorry for the incident. I'm sure you're (understandably) upset.

Neil

rvrtrash

I would also add that often a report doesn't get written unless the damage is over a certain amount (I think it's $500.00 here). What I would do is contact your insurance company, give them the lic. number and witness statements and tell them you want the car inspected, including transmission, air bag sensor, alignment, etc. They will then go after the other persons insurance to get reimbursed.

Steve

OP
OP
hotrodgrany

hotrodgrany

Thanks guys, to answer your question, I was parked along main street, of which is also highway 59. With 2 witness saying the same thing, well the cop believed her story, not mine. I did pop the hood looking for some damage, but not being an expert, all seems fine, but will have that checked out. I have been working with my insurance agent and also have her insurance company,as well as her policy number. Will let you know what I find out, as this is one of my Babies and I know you all would feel the same way if the tables were turned. I take great pride in my Mustangs..... Every body here knows who I am but there are those that don't have respect for others property. Still furiouse about the whole thing......... and how it was conducted

Mayberry40

I am in the Cop business. Each state has different but similar laws. Hit-skip is a serious offense no matter if it happened on the public street or private property.
Since you have a GT/CS that makes it a very serious offense!!!
Contact your insurance co.. If the damage is not fixed by the other "Bonehead's" insurance co. contact your misdemeanor court prosecutor and file hit-skip charges against Bonehead and ask for restitution for the damage that Bonehead did to that GT/CS.

68 GTCS

If the front bumper was hit that hard (set car back a foot)it will most likely "spider" the paint on the bumper, it will likely start to show over time. You do not have to sign off on it unless you are satisfied with the work that is done, or the payment you recieve for damages is to your satisfaction. If it were me, I would ask that the front bumper, and behind bumper,be checked for structural damage and for a repaint, and a new licence plate holder installed. And also get the tranny and rear end, checked out by a tech. to get his opinion.

Kevin

Perkchiro

HG: First let me say how sorry I am that your car was assaulted. The "bonehead" that hit you is obviously a dishonest person. Anybody with an ounce of integrity would have stopped and left a note or come into the store to find you. I had a similar experience a couple of months ago, but I was the one that hit another person in a parking lot. I backed my truck out of a tight parking space and my bumper hit a Toyota Camry front fender. It made me sick and I felt really stupid. I found the lady and she was most gracious and forgiving. It wasn't a "classic" car but it was someone else's property. We exchanged personal information and I gave her my insurance info. It was a smooth transaction as it should be in such situations. I hope you find that your damage is minimal and you can put this behind you real soon. I agree with the above recommendations. Get it to the dealer and have it checked out to give you some peace of mind and the needed repairs, if necessary

Mustanglvr

Sorry to hear of the accident Kathy. Thank goodness no one was hurt and the car is fixable.
You are so lucky you had witnesses and know who it was that did it ,unlike when my 68 was backed into at the gas station, and apparently nobody saw or heard a thing, yeah right. I still would like to meet face to face with the trash that hit mine. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Midnight Special

...Could've been alot worse! Let's just be careful out there. Wishing you a rapid recovery K!

Attachments

• 81.jpg
    81.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 29
  • 6b.jpg
    6b.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 19
OP
OP
hotrodgrany

hotrodgrany

I am going to a collision center to have it completlly checked out and if I find anything, and with the information you all gave me too. If there is anything wrong with this Baby of mine, I am going after the B...ch that thinks she can get away with this. Sorry about the harsh language guys, but you should have heard my Husband, and I knew he would come unglued when he heard about this trust me.

aemoo28

ANYONE hits MY mustang, I kick their @ss. Plain and simple. You run a stop sign and hurt my Cali, you'd better use that supercharger and go hide in the desert. Dessert? Hide in a pnut buster parfait? Ya'll know what I'm-a-sayin.

Oh no! That's a black Cali in Tim's pic! I almost looked at it and almost got bad karma from it. NO more viaduct for me.

P

PNewitt

ANYONE hits MY mustang, I kick their @ss. Plain and simple.....Dessert? Hide in a pnut buster parfait? Ya'll know what I'm-a-sayin.

You mean that someone would get "whipped"? Oh MY! LOL...
Or..get "their just desserts"???

BTW--Kathy, how is it going? How are you today?

Take care...

Paul.

franklinair

Whew. Rough crowd. I'd better stay tucked away in these mountains 'til its safe out there!!:icon_lol:

Neil

P

PNewitt

Help-Boy II

Hey Kathy,

You're welcome to borrow my "little friend" if need be...

Paul.

Attachments

• helpboy.jpg
    helpboy.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 16
OP
OP
hotrodgrany

hotrodgrany

Thanks for all your support, got back from the Collision Center and my red GT convertible is ok, that young lady that got away with hit and run, should have least got some kind of fine for this, but our local police, well I can't say how poorly they handle the whole thing, she will think if she gets by with this, and when she does it next time, it might not be as easy to get off as this and who will she hurt next time. She never learned a very important lesson from all of this. .......HRG

obwan93001

Sucks what some peeps get away these days. :mad: Karma will catch up w/her, it always does. :wink: As for that not-so-great police force you have there maybe a new sheriff will be elected and clean house. :smile: Glad your GT is fine though!