• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

I knew...

Midnight Special

...somethin' was up when Mike and Robinette walked into my shop today with an extraordinary amount pride in their stride! Something (very) Special had to be out in that parking lot!

Today was our "special" day!

For me - the rolling manifestation of a car I let go 25 years ago in a condition I would've NEVER dreamed possible back then! For Mike - the realization that a worthwhile dream, when combined with faith, divine order and time, could only be surpassed by the enormous joy and sense of accomplishment its holding brings!

It would be all-consuming to tell its story at this late hour (Mike would have to risk "concours" adding the hitch to pull a trailer w/ all of his documentation;-), but what a beauty!!

I realize this is a feeling shared by so many of you as accomplished restorers, but today was our day! ...Mikes day! Truly "Something Special"...

Attachments

• IM000928.jpg
    IM000928.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 63
  • IM000929.jpg
    IM000929.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 55
  • IM000935.jpg
    IM000935.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 40
  • IM000932.jpg
    IM000932.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 55
  • IM000940.jpg
    IM000940.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IM000933.jpg
    IM000933.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 69
  • IM000941.jpg
    IM000941.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 32
  • IM000930.jpg
    IM000930.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 55

CougarCJ

Nicely done.
Super rare car, 390 4 speed.

Might want to mention to them next time you see them that the shock tower braces mount under the pinch point of the fire wall.:wink:

PonyGal

Congratulations Mike and Robinette! That is a beautiful example of a GT/CS!!! You've done a wonderful job with the restoration. I’m sure you are both very proud of that fine looking car!!

Tim, I can only imagine how good it feels to see your old car revived and back on the road in such beautiful shape.

Diesel Donna

Nicely done.
Super rare car, 390 4 speed.

Might want to mention to them next time you see them that the shock tower braces mount under the pinch point of the fire wall.:wink:

( I need to fix that on my car too).

Outstanding looking car Mike and Robinette!
I mean...COOL BEANS!

hotrodgrany

Congratulations Mike and Robinette! That is a beautiful example of a GT/CS!!! You've done a wonderful job with the restoration. I’m sure you are both very proud of that fine looking car!!

Tim, I can only imagine how good it feels to see your old car revived and back on the road in such beautiful shape.

I couldn't have said it better, congratulaions