• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

I have done my duty today

twoclassics

Went to my new Mustang Club meeting in Lincoln Ne. todsy. Lincoln is 60 miles away from me and this club is very active, seems to me that it would be fun to join. So at the introductions of the new members I stated my name and the car I had (sure glad I did not say Chevelle). Anyway I drew alot of blank stares and, well you know, deer in the headlights look. Well after the meeting half of them in attendance, around 10, came to me and wanted to know, well you guessed it, what a CS was. I was amazed that these longtime 67 68 fastback, boss and mach people had no idea. Well I know there is a problem with recognition but I never thought it was this bad. they were very polite in there questions and were very interested. So I sucked it up, took a deep breath and went on a 30 minute tirade concerning developement, styling, production numbers, etc. etc. etc. I will sleep well tonight knowing I stepped up to the plate and have done my solemn duty as solemly sworn. No applause needed Good Night Chet Chuck

Last edited:

Redwingrobb

I really wonder what other folks' experiences have been with other Mustang clubs. Do you think that your experience accounts for what we may find in a typical Mustang club?

OP
OP
T

twoclassics

No idea, hope not, Does your user name refer to redwing hockey or redwing pottery, or just a duck with red wings, not being a smarty butt just like all the aforementioned (is that a word) Chuck

rvrtrash

Redwingrobb said:
I really wonder what other folks' experiences have been with other Mustang clubs. Do you think that your experience accounts for what we may find in a typical Mustang club?

You'll always find people in clubs that know their car and not much of the others. I remember I used to belong to a "Ford and Ford powered vehicle" club. The club president asked me what I had and then said "Well 5 out of 6 isn't bad" because he had no idea what a Sunbeam Tiger was, and he was driving a Cobra replica!:confused:
Steve

PFSlim

It has been my experience that not many folks from my Mustang Club know much about my car.

Chuck - you ought to think about driving that 390 car down to Kansas City some time. I would love to see it. Last year, several members of the Lincoln, NE club drove down for out Mustang/Cobra car show. Both were regular mustangs and one was a 1968 coupe (6 cylinder) that a restoration guy had spend a ton on money on the restoration.

Paul

Diesel Donna

twoclassics said:
No idea, hope not, Does your user name refer to redwing hockey or redwing pottery, or just a duck with red wings, not being a smarty butt just like all the aforementioned (is that a word) Chuck

I think he wears Redwing Shoes.

OP
OP
T

twoclassics

Paul i will probably take you up on that some day, I want to get this 390 out and stretch its legs as soon as I get the bugs worked out. It has the highway gears, 2.75 I think, so you can probably stretch her out and not even know it, I will get back to you on any future plans from the club coming down to K.C. as we were talking last night about this years meets thanks Chuck

PFSlim

twoclassics said:
Paul i will probably take you up on that some day, I want to get this 390 out and stretch its legs as soon as I get the bugs worked out. It has the highway gears, 2.75 I think, so you can probably stretch her out and not even know it, I will get back to you on any future plans from the club coming down to K.C. as we were talking last night about this years meets thanks Chuck

Just don't put it in the same show as me so I don't have to compete against a cool 390 car!!! (ha ha)

Paul