• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

I.D. Steve-Sunbeam Tiger

PFSlim

Steve

Can you provide us with more pics/information about the Sunbeam Tiger you have? We have a brother in-law (ex-British) who is intested in a Tiger. Are they hard to find? Are they expensive to buy and restore? Can you get parts for them??

Paul

BrandonB

They are a hard item to find and worth a pretty penny too. Mustangs and Fords had a price guide over the 60's-70's mustangs and they were worth a good amount.

rvrtrash

Boy I'm doing good today. Ok, here's the scoop since my first message didn't go through. Tigers are hard to find but they are out there. You do need to be careful of fakes. Get with me off-line and I'll tell you what to look for. Parts can be hard to find, although the auction site has some. Some parts are impossible to find, most are expensive. Here's a couple of pics to hold you over, but my camera is a P.O.S. so don't expect much. Maybe they'll go through this time.
Steve

Attachments

• pwrbyford1.jpg
    pwrbyford1.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 14

rvrtrash

Worked that time, let's try again.

Attachments

• pwrbyford2.jpg
    pwrbyford2.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 13

rvrtrash

And finally the item that gets the most attention, other than the engine.

Attachments

• copilot.jpg
    copilot.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 12

bbeatty

Uh -oh!!! :eek: Sunbeam Tiger???!! Is there another project rolling into the Stevenson garage??

I guess it's about time though. You've been done with Special for what - like a week now? ;) ;D :p

OP
OP
PFSlim

PFSlim

You got that right Brian B. ;D ;D

Anyway, Steve. How much can one expect to pay for a Tiger? Price range?? We have a British brother-in-law moving to KC from Florida and he is always talking about how he wants a British car. Thus, the idea of another project car is born.

Paul

rvrtrash

I'd say about $15K on up for a running car. Check out www.collectorcartraderonline.com , the Sunbeam Tiger Owners Assoc. or the auction site. I wouldn't recommend buying anything till you look at it, check for rust and make sure it's a real Tiger and not an Alpine that's been modified. Again, get with me off site and I'll tell you a few things to look for on a real Tiger.
Steve