• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

How rare is 68 390 c-6 GT/CS w/ less than 10k miles

chris_absolutebc

I may have a line on this one. Can't buy it myself, too many other Mustangs, but I heard the owner possibly went to local Honda dealer looking to trade for new car . This one is red w/black and fun to drive (Used to manage shop it visited a few times.) just wondering ?
Ok, forms answerd my question for me. I found where member went to check out car durring ebay auction. so 30k approx, cool

Last edited:

John McGilvary

I may have a line on this one. Can't buy it myself, too many other Mustangs, but I heard the owner possibly went to local Honda dealer looking to trade for new car . This one is red w/black and fun to drive (Used to manage shop it visited a few times.) just wondering ?
Ok, forms answerd my question for me. I found where member went to check out car durring ebay auction. so 30k approx, cool

I agree with Jason.

> With only 10K miles on it, why new exhaust.
> Did Carrol Shelby come to his house to sign it.

IMO there are alot of questions that need answers.

John

Mosesatm

if this is true I wish they/people would stop advertising this as a 10k mile car. It is not from someone that has seen it in person.

I wouldn't flat-out say it does not have only 10K miles but, to me, it looks like it has more miles and has been restored. I know the owner is trying to document the mileage.

Anyone who might be interested in the car should go look at it....once the rain stops. I hope the car didn't take in any flood water.

Stacey Enderle

Is it authentic?

Not meaning to sound negative here. But I wonder how would it be verified that it's genuinely a low milage car? The odometers would max out at 99,999 miles before it turns over to zero. Mine has turned over at least twice. Unless you have the actual records from the auto shop who normally maintained the vehicle for oil changes at a regular basis, there's really no way of telling if it's authentic or not. The old trick that used auto dealers used to do years ago before they started cracking down on them is that they'd hook up an electric drill and turn the odometer back to make it look like it has low milage. My Dad fell victim to that old trick when he bought a used 64 Catillac from a dealer, thinking it was a low milage car. The thing was nothing but trouble, before he finally traded it in for the mustang I have now.

Cheers!

Stacey

390cs68rcode

Not meaning to sound negative here. But I wonder how would it be verified that it's genuinely a low milage car? The odometers would max out at 99,999 miles before it turns over to zero. Mine has turned over at least twice. Unless you have the actual records from the auto shop who normally maintained the vehicle for oil changes at a regular basis, there's really no way of telling if it's authentic or not. The old trick that used auto dealers used to do years ago before they started cracking down on them is that they'd hook up an electric drill and turn the odometer back to make it look like it has low milage. My Dad fell victim to that old trick when he bought a used 64 Catillac from a dealer, thinking it was a low milage car. The thing was nothing but trouble, before he finally traded it in for the mustang I have now.

Cheers!

Stacey

A 10k mile car is going to have some original things on it that a 110,000 mile car will not. Exhaust, original trunk mat, interior soft trim, alternator, original spare, smog system and a almost pristine steering wheel (you are not going to have the woodgrain rubbed off in 10k miles if deluxe interior) are just some things that I would look for to be original on a 10k mile car. Judgement is needed here to be able to use these items.

limp1969

A 10k mile car is going to have some original things on it that a 110,000 mile car will not. Exhaust, original trunk mat, interior soft trim, alternator, original spare, smog system and a almost pristine steering wheel

I agree would be really easy to tell. I own a 1970 mach 1 the milage says 67k
it has the real exhuast still on the car pipes, h pipe, mufflers and tips
when I rebuilt the engine the main bearings were dated 1987 and the vined block was .040 over one would think the exhuast would be the first thing to go

how ever this red car does look very nice and if it looks as good in person I would say $35k is what I would want

gt bandit

I agree with Jason.

> With only 10K miles on it, why new exhaust.
> Did Carrol Shelby come to his house to sign it.

IMO there are alot of questions that need answers.

John

you can send in your glove box lid by post for signing , last i heard it was $100 USD which goes to his charity
shaun

Has the car sold yet ??????????????????????

Stacey Enderle

10k mile car,...

A 10k mile car is going to have some original things on it that a 110,000 mile car will not. Exhaust, original trunk mat, interior soft trim, alternator, original spare, smog system and a almost pristine steering wheel (you are not going to have the woodgrain rubbed off in 10k miles if deluxe interior) are just some things that I would look for to be original on a 10k mile car. Judgement is needed here to be able to use these items.

Makes sense to me!:smile:

Stacey