• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 How did you find your GT/CS?

Russ

My highland green GT/CS was purchased in 1995 from a high school student in Flagstaff. I had seen the car around town and always had the desire to own the car. I really wanted a Shelby GT 350, but did not believe I could afford one at the time, so the GT/CS was the next best thing. As I was coming home from work, I saw a for sale sign on the GT/CS and stopped to look. Unfortunately, the student had a minor fender bender with a Jeep and the blue paint needed to be redone...it was due for a total resto, but the price was very reasonable. I had the boy bring the car to my home and we agreed upon a price and the car was mine. Two months later, I sold a 1912 Model T Ford and was able to purchase the car of my dreams, a 1966 GT 350 "carryover" Mustang with a very early serial number (SFM6S009). The GT/CS went through a total, concourse restoration and it has won MCA concourse trailerd gold...I love this car.

My lime gold car, which has been seen on various postings recently, was obtained in a trade for my labor while working on a friend's Model T. My friend, named Lee-Tate, had just purchased a 1926 Model T and wanted me to work on his car, so I received this GT/CS for the work. Tate had purchased the GT/CS from Flagstaff Auto Recyclers a few years prior to the trade, and always wanted to restore the car. The car was in very sad condition, with no motor, transmission, interior, etc., etc., etc. As I've said before, the car probalby should have been crushed, but it wasn't. I've spent the last few years collecting the missing parts and restoring the car, and just last week, completed the restoration. Unfortunately, Tate passed away this past summer and was not able to see the recent progress on the car, but the car has been affectionately named "Lee-Tate". I'll be taking the car the the MCA National shows in Virginia and North Carolina this summer.

Russ

Last edited:

hotrodgrany

Saw my first '07' at a local car show and when I deside I wasn't able to get one of the first new Mustang Cobras, I deside next best was my GT/CS and love it and here I came to this site to find info on mine and been here since.

logue636@comcast.net

Badboy Lobo

Bought it after I came back from Vitnam new. At Canyon Ford Phoenix AZ. Bought it new May 69. And retired May 2009. I will be starting A gallery soon have A few old pictures to put in.