• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

hood turn signals

hcsstang

All GTCS ans HCS came with the louvered hood but did the turn signal come with the package deal or was it am option? if it was what was the price of them back then? Mine didn't have any . ::)

TT

[quote author=hcsstang link=board=1;threadid=723;start=0#msg3949 date=1071359673]
All GTCS ans HCS came with the louvered hood but did the turn signal come with the package deal or was it am option? if it was what was the price of them back then? Mine didn't have any . ::)
[/quote]

After looking it up in the 1988 recognition guide (page 23) it appears that louvered hood with inset turn signals were part of the GT/CS pkg. It was an option on all other 68 mustangs. Don't know what the price was for this option??

68sunlitgold

hcstang,
If you got the louvered hood the turn signals came with that option, you could not get the louvered hood and not have the turn signals.
As far as price, I can not find one in the pricing guides but that is because most guides go from the beginning of the year. In '68 louvered hoods where standard until the Dec 67 strike where they became an option to save money (just like dash pads, pillar pads, and quarter panel lights changes). I would look in the '67 options listing.
Doug

Calspecialdreamer

I looked in the 68 options guide book and can not find a price for the lights. I would guess it was part of the courtesy light package?!?!?! I don't know what all is involved in the courtesy lights tho.......Doug?

Sarge

I believe the "courtesy light" option was an overhead console with map lights. I have the hood blinkers, but no courtesy light option, so it wasn't part of that package.

Robert

Calspecialdreamer

Sarge,
Thanks, that makes sense. There were 3 courtesy type options in 68 (I believe). I will do some further research (if it still matters!)

68sunlitgold

The Courtesy Light Group did include the hood turn lights it was made up of:
- underhood/trunk lights
- glove box light
- underdash courtesy light
- glove box lock
Doug

OP
OP
H

hcsstang

Thanks for the information. I put the turn signals hood lights on. I guess that I better remove them for Nashville show.

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Why remove them? They're correct for a '68 HCS or GT/CS.

68sunlitgold

Yes it was not part of the courtesty light options, the underhood light is not the turn signals.
Doug

Calspecialdreamer

I have a 35th anniversary mustang book and it says the louvered hood lights also came with a grooved horizontal back panel insert. I RARELY see those! I have also noticed some inconsistencies with the 35th anniversary book and other literature tho..........