• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Hood locks question

classicsguy

I have read in this forum that there is a stick on part on the hood locks,I believe its on the bottom part but not sure. Can someone please explain me if this comes with the hood locks either aftermarket or NOS originals or you have to get it from some mustang part supplier.
Thanks in advance

rvrtrash

It's the large flat "washer" that sits on top of the hood, between the hood pin and the hood, so the spring doesn't dig in to your paint. I believe that it comes with the hood pin assy, but I've never had to buy one, so can't say for sure.

Steve

OP
OP
C

classicsguy

Thanks for reply Steve,so that washer must then have a glue underneath?

Wild Willie

yes, my new aftermarket hood pin locks come with lower washers and they have a small double sided adhesive tape ring to stick onto the hood. Original hood pins I removed from the hood did have some type of glue.

the new aftermarket lower washers were real thin and kind of cheap looking :undecided so I decided to use the OEM washers with the 3M double sided tape. The top side pins with brushed aluminum look are nice. :smile:

Dennis