• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

help with intake install?

wally05

So, I have the edelbrock performer 289 intake for pre-'72 302s... Well, I see all this emissions stuff and I'm curious about where all of it is going to go. Does it all bolt into the same spots as on the stock intake? I have pics, but I'll have to wait to get those up.

OP
OP
wally05

wally05

Well, after more investigating, I found were everything should hook into. :) I'll just have to whip out the dremel to do some sanding of the bolts.

franklinair

While you have your dremel out, grind off the Edelbrock identification and paint the manifold blue to match the engine. It will look original unless really scrutinized. (If anyone gets close enough to critique it, while they're bending over, kick them in the butt!!)
Neil

OP
OP
wally05

wally05

I was really considering painting it blue. :) But, I was afraid that since the paint on the block is so old, that it may be better if I just leave it the cast color. I'm afraid if I paint it, it won't match anyway. If I do, got any recommendations on paint?

Haha, if anyone is that close to my car to notice, I will kick them in the butt! :)

Oink

I picked up an original Ford 4bbl intake from a 302 for my 289. So I'm right behind you. A little help on paint recommendations would be great.

While figuring out how deep to go, I noticed hand painted/grease pencil numbers on the radiator support under a layer of paint. 697 is on my car. Can anyone verify if this is from the factory? Any words of wisdom Paul?