• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Help removing strut rod bushing

Stathy

Hello all. I'm having a tough time figuring out how to remove both sets
of strut rod bushings from my car. I know these are suppose to separate somehow but I cannot seem to figure out how.

Does anyone out there have any tips or tricks?

Many thanks for your time.

Cheers
Stan

Attachments

• IMG_2006.jpg
    IMG_2006.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 28

J_Speegle

You need to take a chisel and hammer and take/bend the lip of the tube that connects the outer washers together. Once one end of the tube is bent (the lip of the tube) the assembly will come apart

OP
OP
Stathy

Stathy

You need to take a chisel and hammer and take/bend the lip of the tube that connects the outer washers together. Once one end of the tube is bent (the lip of the tube) the assembly will come apart

Fantastic! :cheesy:
I was looking at that tiny lip but was weary of trying to force something that might not want to come loose. This makes complete sense.

Thank you so much!