• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

HELP! Anyone in Indianapolis have a GT/CS they can show tonight? Yes, tonight!!

admin

Staff member
Administrator
This is extremely late notice, but does anyone in the Indianapolis, IN area have a GT/CS or '68 GT available tonight, May 25th?

Greenlight Collectibles (the company making the new GT/CS diecast) is having a product launch party to show off their new models, including our beloved GT/CS. Don Potter (68gt390) was scheduled to bring his car (since they based the models off it) but blew a head gasket! :icon_pani (Ouch! Really sorry to hear it Don.)

So they're in a bit of a spot trying to get another car last minute. If you can help please contact Matthew at GreenLight directly:

Matthew Elliott
Production Manager
Greenlight Collectibles
6402 N. Cornell Ave.
Indianapolis, IN 46220
p. 317.287.0600 ext. 6
f. 317.205.3501
www.greenlighttoys.com

Last edited:

Mustanglvr

Jon, Have you tried to contact any individual members in that area? I could help email some if you like. I can see on the map there are a few around Indiana.

68gt390

I have contacted several folks in my area with no luck as of yet. It's not a problem with a head gasket. It's my new motor. We finished installation yesterday but, while road testing it developed an oil leak so we have to tear the top half back off and check it. Don't see having it ready for the trip to Indy by today. This is a total bummer. Was really looking forward to the trip to Indy.

Don :cry:

390cs68rcode

68gt390 said:
I have contacted several folks in my area with no luck as of yet. It's not a problem with a head gasket. It's my new motor. We finished installation yesterday but, while road testing it developed an oil leak so we have to tear the top half back off and check it. Don't see having it ready for the trip to Indy by today. This is a total bummer. Was really looking forward to the trip to Indy.

Don :cry:

trailer it

Diesel Donna

OMG!!! :eek: Ooohhhhh nooooooo.

I could have been in Indianapolis today but I have the wrong vehicle on my trailer!!

Yes I say trailer it! Or have a flatbed take it in.

Awwwwwww man! :cry:
Is it possible for Greenlight to postpone the launch party?

~~~~Donna

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Don, have you contacted the local Indy Mustang club? I suggested it to Matthew. I was going to do it, but didn't want to get too many cooks in the kitchen.

And I second (third?) the idea of trailering it. (Easy for me to say since I don't have to do it!)