• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Head light harness clip location

retroman99

I need help with the proper location of the white plastic clip that I think goes in the hole on the bottom of the headlight bucket but seems like a crazy location. see the picture. do I have it in the right location?

another question the package tray does it squeeze under the lower flap on the rear window seal any tricks to getting it under there with the insulation in place
any help would be appreciatted

Attachments

• front light harness clip.jpg
    front light harness clip.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 32

Ruppstang

Yes that is the correct location for the white clip. There is a similar one that is black that mounts to the back side of the park light hosing to hold the marker light wiring.

The package tray goes under the rear glass seal lip. It is easier if the back seat is out to slip it under the seal. You may have too thick insulation. The Ford stuff was real thin.
Marty

OP
OP
R

retroman99

perfect. the other clips you mention are missing from my car but I have seen them NPD has them I believe Scott Fuller reproductions makes them. regarding the package tray thank you yes the seat is out and the insulation is fairly thin. got it from NPD also. I will use a putty knife to raise up the seal lip so I can slip the package tray under it. I'm trying to do a pre fit before I put the insulation in.