• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

HCS on eBAY in Vancouver, WA

John McGilvary

This one looks in prety bad shape.

IMO a Marti is a must.

HC Bob, what do you think?

John

clubpro

Correct me if I'm wrong

Weren't all of the HCS made at the end of the production run? I remember reading that somewhere. If you look at the car the only thing that might be HCS is the rear deck lid and tail light set up. Shelby gas cap, Shelby hood and nose piece, open side scoops.

High Country Bob where are you?

Mosesatm

According to the Recognition Guide, HCS production started on June 8th, with VIN 165229

hicountrybob

According to the Recognition Guide, HCS production started on June 8th, with VIN 165229

Hey, guys, gals, and Arlie, you're right June 8 and lowest # now is 165224 with this same date and is/was in Texas. But this ebay car is way BEFORE even a Cal Spec.

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

Hey, guys, gals, and Arlie, you're right June 8 and lowest # now is 165224 with this same date and is/was in Texas. But this ebay car is way BEFORE even a Cal Spec.

Interestingly enough the tree air freshner has survived intact. Check out the picture of the dash and it's hanging underneath :cool:

hicountrybob

Weren't all of the HCS made at the end of the production run? I remember reading that somewhere. If you look at the car the only thing that might be HCS is the rear deck lid and tail light set up. Shelby gas cap, Shelby hood and nose piece, open side scoops.

High Country Bob where are you?

I'm here. I emailed him thru the ebay listing this past week about this so-called HCS and he never let my question go on the listing He emailed back and said because of the deck lid bla bla bla and even the console (what's that got to with anything?) he THOUGHT it was a HCS but he has never added anything to the listing to the effect that he does not have a legit car. As of tonight he has had no bids yet, thank God, or someone is not going to be a happy camper one day. Bob here.

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

I'm here. I emailed him thru the ebay listing this past week about this so-called HCS and he never let my question go on the listing He emailed back and said because of the deck lid bla bla bla and even the console (what's that got to with anything?) he THOUGHT it was a HCS but he has never added anything to the listing to the effect that he does not have a legit car. As of tonight he has had no bids yet, thank God, or someone is not going to be a happy camper one day. Bob here.

Based on that theory ... I wonder what made him think it was an HCS as opposed to a CS.

hicountrybob

This one looks in prety bad shape.

IMO a Marti is a must.

HC Bob, what do you think?

John

John, I say don't drive over to Vancouver. It's a phony. Save your gas and time and spend it cruising on 6th and Callow (sp) or around 9th and Constitution where I grew up. It was Route 3 and Box 771. How's about the NEW Admiral movie house in 1948 or '49 whose first film was "Duel in the Sun". Wow, wasn't that a no no in those days? Bob Teets here. email me your phone # and I'll call you one evening soon.

clubpro

Bob,

This is the second time this seller has put the car on ebay. The first time I emailed him and explained to him that the V.I.N. was to early to be an HCS. He emailed me back simply saying thanks for the info, but never posted a correction on the auction. I was very surprised to see him list it again as a HCS. Maybe he needs to hear from more of us so that nobody is deceived.

Ron

clubpro

Auction was ended

It looks like he got the message because the seller ended the auction. We'll see if he revises the description and puts it back on ebay.

Ron

clubpro

My bad, I just noticed that the auction had ended without looking at the rest of the screen. There was a buyer and I hope that they didn't buy it thinking that is was a real HCS.

Ron