• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 HCS at Barrett-Jackson a few years ago

CougarCJ

I was looking for a specific picture of something in my pile-o pictures yesterday, when I came upon this 1968 HCS. I remember this picture was taken at a Barrett-Jackson auction 6-12 years ago.
68hcs.jpg

Just curious to ask if someone here owns this car or knows the story about this one.

Diesel Donna

Wow...I've never seen a HCS with the same colors as my CS. Cool beans.

Mosesatm

The registry shows 1, which is now owned by Art Sahlstein.

I think Steven (Stephen?) Kirkpatrick also owns one.

I wonder if it's either of those cars.

asahlstein

Art Sahlstein here, No not my car must be another. The reason I say this is that this car has a green interior as mine is black standard interior. My car was purchased at Barrett-Jackson in 1989 and at the time of purchase it was already changed to a California Special apperance from a High Country. It is true that my car was originally "lime slime green" but we kinda like it black for now. I imagine that of the original 251 HCS cars that were built that a large amount of them were green as was a popular color. I do know that at the dealer where mine was sold another identical twin was delivered at the same time. If anyone knows Mr Kirkpatrick I would be very interested to know the particulars of his car. Maybe Bob Teets can enlighted us???

Thanks Art in Texas