• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Have you ever been offered another Mustang as a trade for your GT/CS

classicsguy

I was wondering if you take your car to shows or cruise ins and people may offer you their current Mustang as a trade for your GT/CS; have this ever happened to you?

Being the GT/CS a very rare car and many people not familiar with the car may fall in love at first sight with the car and offer their Mustang or other Ford for your car.

Lets see the offers that you had for your GT/CS!

J.Bart

i haven't had anyone make an offer, probably because they know i'm not selling mine.
but i have 2 or 3 people that always tell me if i'm going tosell it, to make sure i call them.

PFSlim

Oh, I should keep some to myself. However, I have been offered pick-up trucks, small rental house and a pontoon boat. Typically, when someone says, "Would you consider a trade?", I say "no" so we really don't get far into the discussion. Sometimes I say yes just to hear what the offer would be. Still waiting for the offer about the wife!! (ha ha)

Paul

Midnight Special

Well if you were single, you'd likely be getting proposals in exchange for driving rights. Just make sure that any wives offered as trade come with proper documentation (not sure what that is, but any knowledge is power;-)
OH... and photos!!!

GT/CS S Code

Not a trade, but ....

Earlier this summer, we were down at one of the car washes preparing for a "cruise night" at a local mall. We'd washed our GT/CS and were doing a chamois job on it in the parking lot and had a gent walk over and ask us about the car. He asked just exactly what it was and a little bit about the history of the GT/CS model. When I told him about the scarcity of the "S" code 390 model with the four speed, he then asked if we would sell it to him. We said no of course, but he said "that's too bad, I'd have given you $50,000.00 for it". Sounded serious too, as he said he works offshore in the "oil patch" for six months of the year, makes some very huge "coin" doing it and then takes it easy for the rest of the year.
Mind you with the current exchange rate from Canadian to American dollars that's only about $39,750.00 US .... ;-)
Anyway, it's NOT for sale at any price! ..... and no trades considered either!
Cheers,
Al & Laurie
aka
GT/CS S Code