• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Halogen tail light bulbs

franklinair

According to MustangProducts, type of ignition (including Pertonix) should have no bearing.
Neil

P

PNewitt

MCA has no rules on this. Most functional items are not judged, and no judge is taking apart lights to find out.

Again - I am just offering my experience and interests. I respect others too.

Thanks, Casey

That's odd. When I was in the San Diego Mustang Club (circa 1984)--as cars entered the field at the Sea World shows, each one was checked for the lights, gauges, etc. I guess MCA feels it would take too long to do. Too bad. I'd hate to think of a Gold car with non working wipers, a headlight out, and no rear signals....

Paul.

p.s. I saw this "reflective spray paint" that you can spray on anything--at "Orchard Supply Hardware" (OSH) out here in No. Calif,...and I think Krylon makes it. I wonder if one was to spray it on the inside of their red lenses--if it would disperse the narrower LED beam of light--to that of an incandescant. I understand that this paint is "clear", so it wouldn't block light through the lens. Someone might want to try this out.

case12

I could have missed something. But I know at the National, they did not check those things. Here is from the MCA rules:

The Mustang Club of America (MCA) has replaced Technical Inspection with Classification. MCA recognizes the importance of accurately classifying a car, making sure the car is placed in the correct class, when entering a show. More emphasis is now put on correct placement of a car than inspecting items that local and state agencies are responsible for. Our shows are static shows; we judge the cars for correctness, cleanliness and modifications, depending on the class it is in. We continue to feel proper placement of your car for a better competitive field far outweighs the understanding of the operation of the vehicles horn or lights. Finally and most importantly MCA will continue to stress safety by the requirement of fire extinguishers, low speed limits and our restriction on starting engines while on the show field (until the show is over).

Casey

franklinair

Could the NUMBER of LED's in each bulb have an effect on operation? I used bulbs with 30 LED's, and everything works fine. I have Pertronix Ignition, and a healthy electrical system, but opted not to go sequential.
Neil Hoppe