• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Wanted GT/CS steering wheel

daveS

I've got a GT/CS and the sterring wheel is pretty beat. I am looking for a replacement. Got one ? ...or do you know where I can find one ?
Thanks
-Dave

mike in CA

The steering wheel is a standard 68' steering wheel. There is no difference between one for a GT/CS and any other 68 mustang.

Cheers

Mike

whodat

If you need red,blue, ivy or black then you are in luck. The lowest I found is $169.00, but if you need parchment like me then good luck.

GT/CS S Code

Are you doing a stock restoration or not? What about an aftermarket wheel? Here's what we put on ours ...

Attachments

• New horn button with Cobra logo 001 resized.jpg
    New horn button with Cobra logo 001 resized.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 34

franklinair

What color? I've got black spares- 1 deluxe, fair driver condition, 1 standard, nice leather covering.

Neil

OP
OP
D

daveS

What color? I've got black spares- 1 deluxe, fair driver condition, 1 standard, nice leather covering.

Neil

I think I might have a Deluxe. It's mostly black bit has a sort of faux woodgrain look the the wheel. Here is a picture......

DSCN4273.jpg

Do you have a picture of the wheel you have available ?

Are you doing a stock restoration or not? What about an aftermarket wheel? Here's what we put on ours ...

I was looking at a stock replacement or restoration, but I would be open to and aftermarket. Nice wheel ! Where did you get it ?

GT/CS S Code

Where else? I got it through our favorite Mustang parts supplier ... Ron! (ClubPro)
:grin:
The Shelby Cobra horn button was an optional, add-on part, but I just liked the looks of it to match up with the Cobra air cleaner and the new Cobra Le Mans valve covers we installed.
:cool: