• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

gt/cs emblems

gjd18001

Anybody know where I can find any gt/cs emblems ? Having no luck with any web sites. Thanks..

P

PNewitt

What do you mean, "emblems"?

For what year? 1968, or 2007-08?

Existing emblems, like the side script, or stripes, or what???

Aftermarket?

Paul N.

p.s. hello and welcome!!

OP
OP
G

gjd18001

I'm sorry- I didn't give much info. I would like some new ones- I have a 2007 gt/cs. I would like to find some made of chrome, plastic, billit etc. Not stickers. Thanks for the welcome.

OP
OP
G

gjd18001

What do you mean, "emblems"?

For what year? 1968, or 2007-08?

Existing emblems, like the side script, or stripes, or what???

Aftermarket?

Paul N.

p.s. hello and welcome!!

2007 like the side script- gt/cs. Thanks...

hotrodgrany

You can go to Mustangsunlimited.com. than you need to go to the bottom of the page and click on 65-73 mustang parts, it will take you to where need to go. where it says go, print in emblems and click on go and the second page you will find this picture and all the information to order.

Attachments

• 25622-B.jpg
    25622-B.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 16
P

PNewitt

So...

Hi HRGrany... (can I call you GT/HRG?),

What would you (and every other late model GT/CS owner) think if I offered the same (metal) script, but about half the size (lengthwise), and self-adhesive, with no pins?

I've seen owners try to use the original, and the problem is how the gas cap on the driver's side gets in the way.

Paul N.

wyckdvixen

So...

What would you (and every other late model GT/CS owner) think if I offered the same (metal) script, but about half the size (lengthwise), and self-adhesive, with no pins?

I've seen owners try to use the original, and the problem is how the gas cap on the driver's side gets in the way.

Paul N.

... as for me, i'd really like it to be half of the original size all the way around ... i'd get one :thumb:... i rather like the fact that people take a second look to see (i.e. ghost stripes) ...:icon_ecst

hotrodgrany

So...

Paul N.

First of all it's ok to call me GT/HRG, but I would like scriped emblem, you know I want my late model GT/CS to look like the originals. Some of you know about this picture and you can kind of see the scriped California Special on it. This is where I got my idea to make mine like the 68's and glad I did.

Attachments

• !cid_000701c7c63a$7f80f8b0$d682214a@kathy.jpg
    !cid_000701c7c63a$7f80f8b0$d682214a@kathy.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 39
P

PNewitt

on the gas cap side (driver's side?), would it be too weird if one were to cut the script and part of it was attached to the cap "lid" on the outside? (this would involve removing the pins, and using 3M super-sticky emblem tape.

I know, it's weird...but thought I would toss it out there to see...

PMN

clubpro

Here is a photo of the CS at the Galpin event that had the original script and it looked very good.

Cheers,

Ron

Attachments

• 07 08 GTCS with original script.jpg
    07 08 GTCS with original script.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 35

GTCS07

I made my own with letters I bought on-line. Check my gallery for pics.