• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Greetings from the East!

Andrew

Yes, you can find a CS in New England, but not many. The New Hampshire Mustang Club held it's annual June Show last weekend and two of us made it. Unfortunately, the owner of the white one could not stay long but I snapped a photo out in the parking lot. Being stacked up against all the 67-68 coupes, convertibles and fastbacks there were no awards to be had. Rumour has it, I got an honorable mention for most original worn out interior. :)

Attachments

• IMG_2100.jpg
    IMG_2100.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 14
OP
OP
A

Andrew

Here is the white one

Attachments

• IMG_2215.jpg
    IMG_2215.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 13

Mustanger

Greetings to you from the West! Nice to see your car in shows like that, ... it's probably more rare in your area than probably a Shelby 8)

19HCS68

[quote author=Andrew link=board=1;threadid=1823;start=0#msg11817 date=1119460313]
Being stacked up against all the 67-68 coupes, convertibles and fastbacks there were no awards to be had. Rumour has it, I got an honorable mention for most original worn out interior. :)
[/quote]

I don't get it. You see coupes, converts and fastbacks EVERY DAY! Can't say that about your Cal Special. So how come it's hard to compete with the every day cars? Not saying that they are not great cars. But I don't understand this dilemma. ???

Western greetings as well!

Gary

mmarsalone

I don't get it. You see coupes, converts and fastbacks EVERY DAY! Can't say that about your Cal Special. So how come it's hard to compete with the every day cars? Not saying that they are not great cars. But I don't understand this dilemma. ???

I really think it's how the car show is judged that will determine if you get an award or not. If it's based on fit and finish, and the judges are working off a checklist and a point system, your CS might not fare as well as a nicely restored coupe or fastback. If it's not in the same condition as the others in it's class.

Now if it's a "Peoples Choice" where the participants pick their favorites, you would probably do better with your CS because of it's uniqueness. Unless it's a basketcase car. Just my opinion.

Mike

390cs68rcode

Now if it's a "Peoples Choice" where the participants pick their favorites, you would probably do better with your CS because of it's uniqueness.

I agree with this statement from first hand experience. My maroon CS got a People Choice award at a show of over 200 cars. 30 cars got people's choice and it was one of them. The car is clean and it is different which is why I believe it won at that show. Most of the other winners were any Shelby's, bright paint job cars and unique ones.

OP
OP
A

Andrew

[quote author=case12 link=board=1;threadid=1823;start=0#msg11824 date=1119475020]
Very nice. The green is awesome. Casey
[/quote]

Thanks!, I have been waiting 18 years for someone to say that. Lime Gold is not real big around here.

With regard to the show, limited categories to fit into but a good time. Believe it or not, most people knew what is was, they just have never seen one. Many people remembered it parked(yes, usually broken down) at a busy intersection back in the 80's and could not believe I still own it.

mmillstx

Andrew,

Are you kidding me? Lime Gold is very appreciated around here. If only by me. I recently saw one of the new GT Mustangs with a similar color. It was great! Lime Gold is making a comeback. I heard Mr. Shelby say the oter day "that Lime Gold is the new blue or red."
(LOL)

BroadwayBlue

Very nice car!!

While not in New England exactly but there will be another on the road in NY by the end of the month hopefully. At least we're working on getting a good representation of GT/CS cars in the Northeast.

Color looks great. My car started it's life as that color and someday may wear it again!!

Do you go to the Mustangs Unlimited show in Manchester CT?

OP
OP
A

Andrew

[quote author=mmillstx link=board=1;threadid=1823;start=0#msg11847 date=1119535209]
Andrew,

Are you kidding me? Lime Gold is very appreciated around here. If only by me. I recently saw one of the new GT Mustangs with a similar color. It was great! Lime Gold is making a comeback. I heard Mr. Shelby say the oter day "that Lime Gold is the new blue or red."
(LOL)

I don't know why but I always got comments like, "hey, where's that pea green or snot green car of yours?". If I had painted the car ten years ago, it would probably have been Acapulco Blue or something. I guess with age comes wisdom because I am sure glad I never changed it. I love that Legend Lime and you can be sure that ifa CS is made in 2008, it will be sitting next to this one.

[/quote]

OP
OP
A

Andrew

[quote author=BroadwayBlue link=board=1;threadid=1823;start=0#msg11859 date=1119552506]
Very nice car!!

While not in New England exactly but there will be another on the road in NY by the end of the month hopefully. At least we're working on getting a good representation of GT/CS cars in the Northeast.

Color looks great. My car started it's life as that color and someday may wear it again!!

Go for it! Looks nice when done right. The first CS I ever saw back in 1983 was a Acapulco blue with Shelby hood. The owner traded in the early 90's to someone in upstate NY. I have often thought about driving to that show but it is a bit of a ride(2 hours?). The treachery of the Mass Pike keeps me from going.

[/quote]

BroadwayBlue

[quote author=Andrew link=board=1;threadid=1823;start=0#msg11872 date=1119556178]

Go for it! Looks nice when done right. The first CS I ever saw back in 1983 was a Acapulco blue with Shelby hood. The owner traded in the early 90's to someone in upstate NY. I have often thought about driving to that show but it is a bit of a ride(2 hours?). The treachery of the Mass Pike keeps me from going.

[/quote]

It was kind of halfway between us that's why I asked.
It's about 1 1/2 hours for me up I-84 ... deciding on whether to make the trek for the fall show or not with the 68 or 96. Hope to meet up someday!

Rich

OP
OP
A

Andrew

[quote author=BroadwayBlue link=board=1;threadid=1823;start=0#msg11875 date=1119557543]
[quote author=Andrew link=board=1;threadid=1823;start=0#msg11872 date=1119556178]

[/quote]

It was kind of halfway between us that's why I asked.
It's about 1 1/2 hours for me up I-84 ... deciding on whether to make the trek for the fall show or not with the 68 or 96. Hope to meet up someday!

Rich

I have a nasty vibration at 70mph. I had the wheels balanced already which improved it 80%. I would love to get down there sometime, I will let you know.

Andrew
[/quote]

nfrntau

If you still have that vibration I would have your drive shaft balanced.
I had that problem on my Falcon and it drove me nuts. I'm still nuts. Balanced everything else and still had the vibration. That's all that was left and then is was a thing of beauty.
Save your sanity, go there next. 8)

BroadwayBlue

Good luck with the vibration.
If you do decide to balance the drive shaft let us know if that fixed it.

I'll let you know if I decide to head to the Mustangs Unlimited shows this year or next.

Are those Marchal foglights on your CS? Did it come with those or did you add them?

OP
OP
A

Andrew

Thanks for the tip on the driveshaft. I guess it is no coincidence that it happened when the rebuilt motor was put in. I have to wait in line for the local Mustang guru to clear a spot for me sometime this winter.

Rich,

The car came with the Marchals when I bought it. Back in the 80's, you had to find NOS bulbs for about a $100 each(someone in Ohio)if I recall. Good thing someone on this site found Hans over in the Netherlands who sells a bulb that fits for about $15, I knew waiting 18 years would pay off....