• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1966-67 HCS Gotta do this

66hcs-conv

Hi all,

It looks like I gotta get the 289 rebuilt on the '66. It leaks oil at the rear main, and burns oil also. These old cars are incontinent!

Probably not going to do it until late April. I am going to remove and reinstall the engine/trans myself.

I am needing idea's on what to do with the hood once it is taken off. Kinda hate to just lean it up against the garage wall. I've heard of guys building a rack and suspending it from the garage ceiling - any other ideas?

Is it possible to get the engine and transmission (C4) out of the car as a unit? Or should I separate them while still in the car, and then remove them separately?

Rob: do you make house calls?

Thanks for your help. Dave

earlymustang

Yes put a thick or multiple blankets or towels on the roof and lay your hood there as it is out of harms way. Watch you don't put the hood pin or latch on the glass.

I always pull the motor and trans together and I put a jack under the rear-end to lift the car high so that I don't have to tilt the motor a lot also make sure your trans is drained or you will get fluid out the tail or get an extra yolk to tie in place.

Use a tilt sling or a carb. intake mount as a 2 or 4 point chain makes it hard to tilt the motor, make sure you have at least one helper, one to control the hoist and the other one or two to assist the motor out. Have fun, Shane

OP
OP
66hcs-conv

66hcs-conv

Attachments

• agave (28).jpg
    agave (28).jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 29