• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Good day at Sac show

Edward Bodoh

Met 2 people from our calendar today, which was pretty cool as I don't get much time to attend car shows. Clubpro with his HCS and Roy with Wimbledon white cs. Didn't bring my cs tho. But my late model took 2nd which made for a nice Father's day gift. I believe a clone cs took 1st in the 68 class. Nice looking car.

Was nice to chop it up with fellow cs owners and to put a face with nicknames from here! Good luck Club with what you shared with me today....nice Hcs and love Roys white cs too. Looking forward to meeting more cs owners from our site next time or in the future.

Ivy rEd here.

clubpro

Ed,

It was great to meet you too. I look forward to seeing your CS in the future. It was a great show, but I was disappointed to see the CS clone win 1st place for the 67/68 class. It was a nice looking car, but I have a problem with the seller not being honest about it being a clone. I just hope the guy didn't buy the car thinking it was a legit CS. Congrats Ed on winning in your class. There were a lot of top end cars and I like that the entrants were the judges.

Cheers,

Ron

Midnight Special

Ed,

It was great to meet you too. I look forward to seeing your CS in the future. It was a great show, but I was disappointed to see the CS clone win 1st place for the 67/68 class. It was a nice looking car, but I have a problem with the seller not being honest about it being a clone. I just hope the guy didn't buy the car thinking it was a legit CS. Congrats Ed on winning in your class. There were a lot of top end cars and I like that the entrants were the judges.

Cheers,

Ron

...That's happened up here in GV a time or two. Unlike your recent show, many of these smaller ones have volunteer "car club" judges who are assumed to know all makes and models. My clone also won once, but I didn't find out until weeks later for not attending the awards ceremony.

And Ron, in talking with Renee tonight, I mentioned she should team up with you for some of your local events. :)

Your two cars would likewise be a hit!

Attachments

• 0994.jpg
    0994.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 30

Ruppstang

Ed,

There were a lot of top end cars and I like that the entrants were the judges.

Cheers,

Ron

Participant judging does not always work well, often a large club or group comes and votes their cars in. We had this problem with the late model class (two years old and newer) in the MCA. We had so many complaints we changed it to presidents choice. The club president does a quick evaluation to see if they are really clean after all they are new cars there can not be too much wrong.

The small town shows that we attend are for the fun of just spending time with our friends. Most of the time we put our car in display only, I know how good it is and do not need the affirmation of someone who just liked the color.
Marty

Midnight Special

Ruppstang;102837...The small town shows that we attend are for the fun of just spending time with our friends. Most of the time we put our car in display only said:
Agreed... Best when it's as fun getting there as being there...

Attachments

• 0606.jpg
    0606.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 50

mbsf1970

I wish I could hang out with you guys at some shows but the 1200 miles of fun is more than I can take too often. LOL
Marty

Then come to Calgary...a lot less mileage!!

We should get a bunch of cars together for the Stampede parade....how cool would that be!!

mbsf1970

yes, well, the initial mileage (1200) to Sacramento was off.....

Weeping water to Sacramento : 1566 miles (give or take)
Weeping Water to Calgary: 1406 (give of take)

A LOT shorter!!:grin:

Sarge

Hmmmm, I was unaware of the Sac show. Saw nada about it, heard nothing... Would have gone had I known. Oh well, maybe next time (if I hear about it).
Robert

Ruppstang

yes, well, the initial mileage (1200) to Sacramento was off.....

Weeping water to Sacramento : 1566 miles (give or take)
Weeping Water to Calgary: 1406 (give of take)

A LOT shorter!!:grin:

I'll tell you what if we meet half way in Loveland Co. next month for the MCA national show and we both can have some driving fun! LOL
Marty

clubpro

Robert,

Sorry you didn't know about it. You need to subscribe to Cruzin News. They post all of the shows for the season in each of their issues. The show is sponsored by the Sacramento Area Mustang Club and it is a really good show.

Hope to see you next year!

Cheers,

Ron

Attachments

• SAMC Show.jpg
    SAMC Show.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 27

Mosesatm

Hmmm, I have projects in Grand Junction and Denver that will probably be ready for inspections in July!

mbsf1970

I'll tell you what if we meet half way in Loveland Co. next month for the MCA national show and we both can have some driving fun! LOL
Marty

Would LOVE to but sadly I'm leaving on vacation on July 19th and there'd be no time to enjoy show...I'd be driving home at the crack of dawn on the 18th!! :cry:

Stephen