• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Gasoline

Hey All, I Want To Ask A Question (show My Age), I Want To Know Whats The Least Youve Paid For Gas, And What Year It Was ???????

69convert

$0.55 in 1976. The good old days. I can remember Dad paying 25 cents once upon a time. Didn't cost him much to fill up his 390, candy-apple red 68 GT.

Midnight Special

69convert said:
$0.55 in 1976. The good old days. I can remember Dad paying 25 cents once upon a time. Didn't cost him much to fill up his 390, candy-apple red 68 GT.

+ or - the same here - 1976 was the year I began driving. 'Bought a white '66 coup w/ 289, C4 for $950.00... All of my $1.75 per hr. went to paying off Wells Fargo, gas, hamburgers and drive-ins!

Perkchiro

1973 is when I began driving. If my memory serves me correctly, I think gas prices were in the 28 to 32 cent range. However, during the Jimmy Carter gas crunch days, you got to wait in long lines and purchase on only odd or even days, depending on your license plate number. My first job that year paid a whopping $1.65/hr. Enough earned each week to fill my tank with gas and take my girl out on a date. Oh those were the days!

miller511

$.69 While in trade school in Phoenix 1982. Oddly enough, I paid $1.35 in So Cal in 1979 when I was 16 and just started driving...the second oil crisis was in full swing with gas lines, odd/even license plate days to get gas...ahhh, those were the days ;-)

RedGTvert

Hamburgers were $.15 and cheesburgers could be bought for $.25. Regular was 24.9 and hightest was 28.9 Two bucks would get me through the weekend.

McDonalds was not even around.

Diesel Donna

I started driving when I was 13...but mom never knew about it. I got my first car (the CS) in 1974 and gas was somewhere under 50 cents because I remember saying that if it EVER reached 50 cents I would start walking! Then the speed limits went down and the gas rationing began. ::::::::big sigh::::::

still looking for one

In 1970 there were gas wars in Sacramento and my Chevelle drank Persian Perrier for 35 cents a gallon for awhile. Plus, some stations would give out drinking glasses and steak knives if you filled up with at least 8 gallons.

Exxon/Mobil just reported last quarter earnings of $10 Billion !!!
Largest quarterly earning of ANY publicly traded company EVER!

Something funny about this picture?

sam

1966 when I paid about 28cents/gallon. Could go to Howdy Beefburger and pay 10cents for hamburger, 15cents for cheesburger and if you splurged.................................20cents for fries. However you got one size of fries................none of the small, regular, large, or biggie large options today.

The hardest part was turning on the TV set, having to wait several seconds before the black and white picture came on, and then actually having to get up to turn the dial to change channels.

hookedtrout

Couldn't even venture a guess, it had to be in the mid 70's and it was a 65 Mustang coupe I was filling up, my first car. I was so damn excited to have a car and license I could have cared less how much gas was. Guess I just didn't pay much attention. I will say I wish it was the same now what ever it was!!

Cory

Mustanglvr

In October 1969, the day my mother bought her brand new medium blue metallic 1970 Mach I Mustang, she paid .35 cents a gallon for gas and filled it up for the trip home. She paid $3500.00 for the car.