• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Fuel tank to gauge wire question

lnevill

Progress on Bonnie and Clyde has been slow, but I am making progress! I fixed and re-taped the bullet damage to the original tail light harness, but was surprised to NOT find the fuel guage wire as part of this harness.

A little research leads me to believe the original fuel wire came down the passenger side in a 2 wire harness (courtesy lights + Fuel) that connects to the underdash harness via a 2 prong connector also on the passenger side (Yellow/White and Black/Blue).

Can some one confirm this is the correct routing?

Alloy metal products makes a tail light extension harness that looks correct, but it is advertised on some web sites as an extension from the drivers side harness to the passenger. Heres a link:

http://www.dallasmustang.com/wiring...-shelby.html?gclid=CJq249uN-bwCFUiEfgodhHsANA

Is this the correct harness?

Thanks!

Lee

whodat

It looks like it. I replaced mine and it ran the same way.