• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Foglight Brackets (not posts) on eBay

Perkchiro

I wonder if there is much difference in these vs the repo's from Delta Bay Mustang and others. Anyone have any comments on any differences between the two? Just curious.

Mosesatm

There was a thread quite some time ago from our friend Mike (remember him, Joe?!!!) about how cheaply made the repros are. If you find the thread and read it please remember that the information may be questionable at best.

68gt390

I wonder if there is much difference in these vs the repo's from Delta Bay Mustang and others. Anyone have any comments on any differences between the two? Just curious.

Steve;
To answer your questions - there is very little difference if any that the naked eye would catch. I have a set of both and they are hard to tell apart.
For the money, I'd buy mine from "Delta Bay" and be done with it. Most of the folks I've seen lately on "ebay" selling original CS parts and pieces are trying to take you to the cleaners.

Don :rolleyes:

joedls

There was a thread quite some time ago from our friend Mike (remember him, Joe?!!!) about how cheaply made the repros are. If you find the thread and read it please remember that the information may be questionable at best.

Yeah, I remember him. In fact, I think that's him selling the Gulfstream Aqua GT/CS in Dalls.

Perkchiro

Thanks Don, I have the Delta Bay repo's, but I didn't have any originals to compare. The originals were absent from the car due to a front end collision during it's earlier life. Glad to know the repo's are nearly the same.

miller511

I have a (second) set I bought from Tom at Delta Bay a few months ago. The difference that I noticed between these and the originals are that the reproductions are not stamped LH and RH. Also, the originals bracket sheet metal appears to be a stamping, where the reproductions are fabricated and bent and welded at the sharper corners.
If you were to stamp the reproductions with LH and RH, then paint them, it would be hard to tell the difference when installed.
Tom at Delta Bay said he didn't have many sets of these left.