• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Fog Light Question

dalorzo_f

Looking at a one-off for a project. Doing up an EXP500 replica/clone/tribute/devils' spawn/bastard child (pick one)...

I am considering an attempt to use Marchal brakets on the 68 Shelby front end to get the "floating" look of the early GT/CS Marchals (I like it sooooo much better than the post mounts).

The Marchal brackets don't fit in the Shelby grille, it is shorter, so no biggie cutting the repro brackets I have to fit. But, I am wondering if someone can post the dimension of how high the bottom of the light sits from the lower edge of the grille so I can mock up some measurements to see if they'll sit centered in the grille... before cutting the Shelby grille!

If anyone has ever attempted using:

- 68 Shelby front end/grille
- 68 GT/CS Marchal brackets
- 68 Marchal lights (I have the new repros)

To get this look.

Know there will be some fabrication, as the Shelby grill is just expanded mesh and some external additional brakets will be required. Also hoping the mesh grill won't look too funky with cutouts, or become unstable, thinking I may need some form of surround around the cutout....

Any info/ideas would be appreciated.

Last edited:

somethingspecial

Well, I guess I will respond to your PM here. First off, are you using a 68' Shelby front end? If so, the lights would mount through the Rock gaurd, regardless if Marchal or Lucas. I don't think you need to make up fog light brackets to work with the expanded metal Shelby grille.

OP
OP
D

dalorzo_f

Thanks, but how it was done on a Shelby is not my question.

As noted I want to use the Marchal brackets on a '68 Shelby, not do stock stone guard mount, to get the thru-the-grille "floating" look of the early GT/CS... I do not want pedestal mounts...

somethingspecial

My appologies, Since I don't have a Shelby, I might defer you to perhaps Scott Fuller, He may be able to give you some demenisons of the grille opening you need, and he knows fabrication.

OP
OP
D

dalorzo_f

Thanks, an odd idea, and one I'm going to likely just have to mock up and fabricate.

Anyone got the dimension of the lower edge of the Marchal light to the grille opening?