• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Fog Light Pedestals--Need Help

njmop

I know I should have just dealt with HC Bob, but I bought a set of pedestals on Ebay. The threads are very fine and they don't fit any of my four LR8/Square 8's. My original chrome nuts fit perfect (the short bolt and mount that are shelby correct is what I have) and hand thread and these new ones I could barely fit on an eighth of a turn. They DO have paint on the inside, but I don't want to screw up the LR8s cranking these on. Is this typical?

I spent a fortune on my lights and don't want to screw them up. I'll try to post a pick of the new bolt...

OP
OP
njmop

njmop

Was just told I have LR8's that were produced later. They are chrome backed and look correct. Was there multiple types? I have "ENGLAND" "Foreign Glass" and even a driving lights...Was there a coarse/fine threaded version?

Mosesatm

I know I should have just dealt with HC Bob, but I bought a set of pedestals on Ebay. The threads are very fine and they don't fit any of my four LR8/Square 8's. My original chrome nuts fit perfect (the short bolt and mount that are shelby correct is what I have) and hand thread and these new ones I could barely fit on an eighth of a turn. They DO have paint on the inside, but I don't want to screw up the LR8s cranking these on. Is this typical?

I spent a fortune on my lights and don't want to screw them up. I'll try to post a pick of the new bolt...

Yes there are different threads. The posts you have are most likely threaded for the plastic-backed lights because they have very fine threads. Whoever make the posts didn't realize there was a difference.

I may have a pair of correct posts in one of my boxes of parts. If I do I'll send them to you.

OP
OP
njmop

njmop

Thanks. Let me know what you have and I'll be happy to pick up the tab to get them my way...send me a PM.

I would greatly appreciate it!

Mosesatm

Well, I found one but it won't unthread from the light so that won't help.