• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Fog lamp plug?

wally05

Where do the fog lamps plug into? I noticed that both of mine are not plugged into anything... lol. It's not a big thing for me right now as I'm working on getting other stuff done. I'm just curious.

BroadwayBlue

Where do the fog lamps plug into? I noticed that both of mine are not plugged into anything... lol. It's not a big thing for me right now as I'm working on getting other stuff done. I'm just curious.

Korey,
An FYI on your 302. The fog light switch was removed at some point before I got it. My guess is that the dealer removed it when they installed the under dash A/C. That A/C unit seems to cover where the original fog light location should have been. I wouldn't be surprised if they used the foglight power lead for the A/C as well.

OP
OP
wally05

wally05

Rich. I remember you saying that. I think I saw that when I looked at it the other day. I'm thinking of reinstalling a switch relocated closer to the steering column... I'll have to figure it out. What did the switch look like?

OP
OP
wally05

wally05

Awesome, thanks for the help, Rich. Can I get pics of what it looks like installed in someone's car? I'll need to figure out the wiring also. :(

joedls

Two things I would suggest acquiring for anyone working on these cars:
  1. A factory service manual, not a Chilton's or other generic brand
  2. A wiring diagram for the 68 mustang
They are invaluable.