• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Fixer-up-er?

coralsnake

How much would you give for a bare chassis? This one is naked...no loose parts. Just the body. Looks like it was red, standard interior, 3 speed, console. Has a few problem areas, a couple smaller spots in the floors, one of the inner fender overlaps is rusty, some small holes on the lower quarters. No door tag present, no fiberglass, totally stripped.

I am pretty sure its an original CS car. The rear valence has the proper modifications, the rear quarters have the emblem hols and the correct scoop mounting holes.

Is $1500 fair? Too much? not enough?

GTCSMustang

I'd say $1,500 is too much. Doesn't sound like there is much there and what is there is rusty.

Scott

Mosesatm

Is the VIN on the inner fender? What engine size is (was) it?

CougarCJ

Title? No Title?

I paid $1500 for my GT/CS on a bill of sale. I also got 95% of the cars pieces which were strewn across a garage and in the car.

No front suspension, no glass, but I got a set of 1970 Mustang disc brake spindles and calipers:grin:, all sheet metal, reproduction rear light panel, reproduction GT rear valance, and all of the rest of the GT/CS specific parts except the fog lights.

robert campbell

Coral,
Sounds great. Can you give us the whole picture please, or just one item at a time? Geez, the SAAC boys would tire of this very quick if it was a Shelby.....

Oh crap, they are going to gang up on my next post....

Rob

PFSlim

Find out more information on the car. It is not hard to do to get a VIN number and do some research to get the history. We paid $3,000 for this car in 2003, but...according to the Marty Report it is one of two with these exact options. Also, very few started out here in KC, and this one did. We replaced everything.

Bottom line - the car is worth paying more money if you can validate that it is a true GT/CS (worth more money in the end) and if it is a car project you want to do (it really charges you up to take on a big project).

Are you up for a big project??

Paul

Attachments

• Stang2.JPG
    Stang2.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 20
  • Stang6.JPG
    Stang6.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 20
  • Stang11.JPG
    Stang11.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 21