• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Finally getting the paint!

nfrntau

I don't know how many of you followed the articles in the Auto restorer magazine on the GT/CS. Larry Lyles now has his second GT/CS to work on, Mine!
I'm really excited. Arlie and friends helped load and bind the car up on a trailer Friday. My wife and I drove it up to his shop and I now have an empty feeling garage. It was kind of scary, I felt like a new Dad leaving his kid at daycare for the first time. lol
I'll let y'all know how it's progressing as time goes by.

Attachments

• DSCF2713.JPG
    DSCF2713.JPG
    116.9 KB · Views: 35
  • DSCF2721.JPG
    DSCF2721.JPG
    120.2 KB · Views: 36

Perkchiro

Congratulations!! What's the time frame for completion. Are they doing the drive train work too? What engine are you using? Any engine mods?

OP
OP
nfrntau

nfrntau

He expects about three months. He will be doing the final bodywork, adjusting a few things for me and putting an awesome coat of Alcapulco blue base/clearcoat on it for me.
That's it, after that I bring it home and start the fun. Putting it all back together. For this complete project I have not set any time frames so I am happily right on schedule. Maybe that's not completely true, my schedule has been not let the project go dormant and keep progressing. With Family, house work and work work it sometimes gets hard to find the time, dollars or energy to work on it. It seems it's a rare oportunity when all three come together at the same time.
I have decided to put the original 289 back in it. I may use a small stroker kit and dabble with EFI, but haven't decided on that yet.

rvrtrash

Just something t6 think about, I used PPG "DCC Concepts" for my paint. It has the clear and color combined. It gives the same shine and protection as color coat/ clear coat but it's easier to touch up chips. Pretty spendy but having done cars both ways, I'm sold on it.

Steve